View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 03:33 PM   #98 (permalink)
arcatacat

update 1/31

I sat at my computer desk a couple times in the past few days. The first attempt didn't go so smooth... with my leg not elevated, I had some pain within about 10 minutes, and general discomfort. I went back later it worked out much better. I was able to sit in my chair at the desk for about an hour or so before I had to get up and lay down again.

It was all in an effort to see if I could go to work and get some things done that I really need to finish. My long term projects are ok, but I have a couple short term deadlines that need to be met real soon. I think I'm gonna have to have someone take me to work one day this week so I can get some ends tied up.

I can move from the bed to the couch just fine. Get some basic food from the kitchen to the table, the bathroom is getting easier.

Generally, things are looking up. My gf bought an extendable shower head last night. Showers will be much easier now. Today I took a leak standing up for the first time in over a week. Yay!

Got a message from my boss this morning. No working from home for me. Assholes. That means that I have to figure out a way to get to the office 5 days a week for 8 hours a day. Public transportation? 80 minutes for a bus trip that takes 20 in a car? I'd have to leave the house on my crutches at about 6am. It's snowing out right now. Complications.

I got an offer by someone who is willing to let me borrow their automatic car so I can try to drive with my left foot. This weekend I'm gonna try to drive it around a parking lot and see how I do.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote