View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 07:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
ihatethesooners

Quote:
Originally Posted by be leaves View Post
i guess you just have lower standards than me.
Goddamnit.

I already talked about this on another thread, but I'll say it again here.

There is nothing more obnoxious than someone who, when discussing anything artistic (books, movies, paintings, whatever) takes the stance of, "If you don't agree with me, then you're dumb. Because I get it."

Bullshit. Fuck you. Art is subjective. Always has been, always will be. You don't agree with my opinion, fine. That's your right and feel free to discuss it with me and try and change my mind. But don't try and tell me that my opinions are wrong because they don't fall in line with yours. That's pretentious hippie bullshit.

Why do you think awards like the Oscars, SAG Awards, etc. are decided on by the votes of thousands of people? Because if it was just one asshole going, "Good, good, bad, so-so, poor lighting, lame, Great!" then nobody would pay them any mind because they were just the opinion of one dude. You take a vote, the consensus wins. And even then they are debated endlessly afterwards (See: Goodfellas). But everyone respects the fact that, just because you don't agree, doesn't change the fact that a lot of other people did.

You want to state your opinion here? Cool. You don't agree with someone else's opinion? Even better. But don't be a child and say things like, "I didn't like it so neither should anyone else."

Last edited by ihatethesooners; 02-11-2008 at 08:20 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote