View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 10:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
ihatethesooners

Quote:
Originally Posted by be leaves View Post
granted, the cinematography, editing, acting, and much of the dialog were top-notch, but you have to admit that ending was balls.
No, I don't have to admit that. I thought the ending was perfect. What you meant was "I didn't care for the ending. In my opinion, it was somewhat vague and I would have liked to see some of the loose ends tied up." Instead you tried to tell us what we should think.

Quote:
the whole experience of a movie is taking a character from a beginning to an end.. like keith said, the end is the hardest part.. it's easy to just stop telling a story. it's making it end at the right moment, where the audience feels they get your point that's the difficult part.
Not true at all. The IDEA of a movie (or a book or a television show) is to tell an entertaining story. I can be argued that any movie which you left wondering to yourself, "What happened next?" is more compelling and interesting than a neatly packaged ending. (See: The Sopranos finale)

Quote:
if javier is the main character, you can't just show him running down the street with a broken arm..
Actually, they can. They're the fucking directors.

Quote:
if your point is that he lives on, show him dying at 80 or something.. for all i know, someone kills him when he gets down the block.
And god forbid you should have to do a little wondering after the credits.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote