View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 01:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by teerts
Interesting. and good bbc link. i like those types of programs on the
bbc. I disagree with you and arcatacat about the fuel prices solving
the problem. Electric cars need juice. that juice has got to come
from somewhere...in this country i think it's mostly still coal-burning.
(no problem solved here, right?)
yep(brilliant observation, btw), theres still alot of that going around, and its a valid point from some points of view, not from others. if you want the electric car to get us out of dependence on foreign oil, than its good, we are the mecca of coal here in the US, we have a ton of shale oil too, and wind, plenty of oppertunity for hydroelectric as well. all these potential power sources are why my moneys on the US being a superpower for the next 200 years or so. if you want it for the environment, its not so good. imagine how bad the brown outs in california will be when all the electric cars catch on. i wonder when people will wise up and swith to the cleanest of all power sources, nuclear power.

in the long haul, things will work out, we just need to better educate the consumer to secure our 'alpha male' status globally.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote