View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 02:35 PM   #93 (permalink)
89vision
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion549 View Post
I don't use a lot, because my laptop is old and slow, and I have like 1/5 of the HDD is music files, so that doesn't make it go very good. I have another HDD but I need to get the USB case thing so I can use it as a secondary drive. Tho it's still a pain in the ass, and I really want to get a desktop again, thinking a Mac Mini, but I might stick with Windows so things network better. That or get a Mac and try and network with Linux? I dunno. Anyways, that's not the point of this thread. Currently I use:

Firefox (with Facebook toolbar, FoxyTunes, Twitbin, CoolIris, and occasionally FreeCorder and Sage plugins)
iTunes is open 100% of the time (it's the only program in startup, well, that I've set up anyways)
Last.FM AudioScrobbler
Pidgin
Azureus
Audacity
Process Explorer (used daily, since my PC sux.)

Though looking through my shit, I realized there's a lot of programs on my PC that I don't use anymore (like Trillian, which I stopped using for Pidgin, although I liked Digsby, so I might switch to that, gonna look into that.) so I'm off on a massive uninstall spree now...
You should switch to utorrent if your pc is as slow as you say. Azureus is bloated and slow.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote