View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #1266 (permalink)
Mundane Soul
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
tis where you and I disagree. I just don't get it. It's flat, boring, bland and way too complex for its own good. I at least appreciate the complexity for people that enjoy that.

What I'd like to see argued is the character models and how flat the conversation/conversation animations are. Those are huge deal breakers for me. Every minute playing the game I kept thinking "I'd rather be playing anything else" and "Mass Effect was everything this game isn't"

I was never engaged, never interested - although it was better than the "Zoom into the face and completely take me out of this being a different world" conversation system of Oblivion - it wasn't by much.
Well, the human character models and animations are probably the weakest aspect of the game, but the VO is by and large of such quality that it never particularly bothered me. I stayed pretty immersed.

The plot development and the set pieces, however, are fantastic. And yes, the environment might initially have struck me as boring/bland, but then I got down into the muck and mire and started to realize just what an amazing level of detail Bethsoft put into making an authentic post-nuclear wasteland. I also absolutely love the 50s ambience running through the game world.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote