Thread: 947: Thug Life
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Wonky

I very much agree that it's bad for the planet to eat meat (I'm a vegetarian) and I believe that smokers should quit or be helped to quit and if they don't then sure, ban them from public health care. Consuming too much is bad for everyone, but that's been the American Way since WWII so I'm not going to blame it all on overeaters.

(It looked like you were basing your argument on the fact that fat people weigh down cars and thus use more fuel. I wonder how many of us could unload 100 pounds of shit out of the trunks of our cars and use less fuel.)

I guess the only thing that makes my bleeding heart bleed is that fat people get automatically hated on like 100% of the time. It seems like assumptions are instantly made about their lazy, stupid, selfish selves and they have an uphill battle in all types of relationships, which sucks and doesn't seem fair. Go ahead and hate on mindless gluttony, fine, but assumptions and an automatic check in the "worthless" column based on appearances doesn't seem right. For me, it's a fat version of 'don't hate the player, hate the game'.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote