View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #106 (permalink)
spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
Obviously, you do.
Obviously, I do not, actually. Quite obviously, in fact. Blatantly obvious.

I really am at a loss to understand why so many people have so much trouble understanding, even when explained at great length. English is tough if you are foreign, I understand that, but if you natively speak it, where do I fall short?

I do understand some people just have an axe to grind, so they just feign complete ignorance for the sake of going after me. Others simply want attention from me. But honestly, those seem to be the minority.

Perhaps America really is populated largely by the illiterate ignorant as the global stereotype seems to claim? I've always scoffed at polls that claim something like 1 in 5 are not functionally literate. I've known so many people in my life from all kinds of social backgrounds, and virtually all of them were more than able to read.

But maybe I have a cultural filter in real life that keeps me from knowing the true lower rungs of the social ladder in America. I don't know how else to explain it.

/sigh

Anyway, a fucking box of cheerios is $8 at the corner grocer. Seriously, WTF? I wanted a box, I haven't had it in years and years. But fuck $8. On principle, I just refuse to be gouged.

Also, something else I don't understand. That master cleanse thing, it's a placebo. If you KNOW it's a placebo, how can you possibly justify doing it? It just seems like a lot of trouble and misery for yourself with no possible positive outcome.

How do some people just believe any old thing they hear?

(and yes, I am aware of the irony in this post, talking about placebo BS diets and breakfast cereal)
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote