View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I always got a metro card for the week when I visit because the subway system is amazing and easy to use I think even if you only use it for two trips a day you are already saving money vs paying each ride but don't quote me on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantastic View Post
i don't know how to answer transportation questions, but the empire state building is a waste of time. you have to wait in line forever, crowd into an elevator with a bunch of smelly tourists, and then when you finally get to the top, you can't really see very well because there are bars all around so nobody can jump off. don't waste your time/money.
I agree the Empire State is not worth it but I highly recommend the Top of the Rock/Rockefeller Center: still a lot of tourists but no bars to block the great view. Try and find out the time for sunset so you can go when the sun is still up and you get both the day and nigh view at once - amazing!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote