View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
marina

I don't know what your price range is, but I have a 2007 Honda Fit Sport. I paid 11,00 for in August 2010. The guy wanted more, but I threatened to leave. I bought the one with the tiptronic shifter, but I almost never use it, so I really didn't need it, I just thought it was cool.

Sadly, no moon roof, but it's a zippy, low gas mileage car and it handles great. The other day a dog ran into the street in front of me and in my old car, poor thing would have been a cloud of red mist, but the fit had a preternatural connection to the wheel and swerved around him like a dancer. It was amazing.

It's small, but can accommodate 3 other full grown adults if the co-workers and I are going out to lunch, or I'm carpooling with someone somewhere. The back seats fold down flat and I can fit a lot of stuff in there. I can fit most bicycles, usually 2 of them, although the really long beach cruiser has to stay at home.

I drive an hour each way to work, and I love my car. It's totally comfortable, has a great sound system, and comes with a built in MP3 player jack.

And, if your bug was one of the newer models, you'll really appreciate how a Honda can go for months, sometimes years with no more mechanic trips than regular maintenance requires.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote