View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 04:25 AM   #146 (permalink)
PatDixonNYC

When you're right, you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
…false accusations are relatively few compared to substantiated accusations (under 10%) but that they do happen and the large majority of them happen due to coaching by one parent against another during a divorce?
Yet another good reason not to have kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
By taking sides without having researched the subject to any meaningful degree people come at the issue like frothing-at-the-mouth goons, even when their heart is (apparently) in the right place. People blinded by their disgust over Woody's relationship with his former lover's much younger daughter place him in the stocks and yammer into microphones and write posts that focus on perpetuating false information.
That's undeniable. With the further accusation that anyone who says otherwise is somehow intimidating victims of sexual abuse, preventing them from coming forward.

Off topic: Here's a link:

Soon-Yi Speaks: 'Let's Not Get Hysterical'

… to an interesting article written for Newsweek by Soon-Yi from August 1992, right after the molestation allegation was made in which she says:

"Please don't try and dramatize my relationship with Woody Allen. He was never any kind of father figure to me. I never had any dealings with him. He rarely came to our apartment before his own children were born."

"Mia was always very hot-tempered and given to rages which terrified all the kids. They can't speak freely because they're still dependent on her. But they could really tell stories and I'm sure one day will. It's true Mia was violent with me and I have conclusive proof, but I hope she and Woody can somehow head off a custody trial."

"The business of him molesting Dylan is so ridiculous that I won't dignify it with a comment. Why Dylan repeats her story is another matter, and a sinister one. I was not surprised that Mia made a videotape of Dylan saying these terrible things as I think the motive is obvious, but I was stunned that the tape would somehow find its way to the TV news."

"From the beginning of their conflict, which I know Woody broke his neck to avoid for the kids' sake, I have refrained from commenting, but when Mia brought up child molestation and then had her sisters and mother and kids and friends parade out in public and do her dirty work for her, climaxing with that tape of Dylan being given out, I felt I had to speak at this point."

It's only a page, and a very informative read.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote