View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 04:58 AM   #200 (permalink)
PatDixonNYC

To answer this question would compromise my integrity as journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Hey Pat Dixon,

It's interesting that you point out that unless a victim is substantiated; they remain simply an accuser.

Why do you, personally, guess as to why Dylan Farrow has accused Woody of molesting her?

I'm really curious. Hope you answer this. Thanks.
I don't personally guess things, that would compromise my integrity as a journalist. And although Dylan's claims of victimization, despite all the efforts of the DA and the state police, have never been substantiated, I decline your invitation to call Dylan Farrow a liar, albeit indirectly. I'm surprised you don't know me better than that!

According to the Yale-New Haven Child Sex Abuse Clinic who worked on the case for half a year and interviewed Dylan and everyone else involved at the time:

ďIt is our expert opinion that Dylan was not sexually abused by Mr. Allen. Further, we believe that Dylanís statements on videotape and her statements to us during our evaluation do not refer to actual events that occurred to her on August 4th, 1992... In developing our opinion we considered three hypotheses to explain Dylanís statements. First, that Dylanís statements were true and that Mr. Allen had sexually abused her; second, that Dylanís statements were not true but were made up by an emotionally vulnerable child who was caught up in a disturbed family and who was responding to the stresses in the family; and third, that Dylan was coached or influenced by her mother, Ms. Farrow. While we can conclude that Dylan was not sexually abused, we can not be definite about whether the second formulation by itself or the third formulation by itself is true. We believe that it is more likely that a combination of these two formulations best explains Dylanís allegations of sexual abuse.Ē

Dylan's brother Moses says this:

I donít know if my sister really believes she was molested or is trying to please her mother. Pleasing my mother was very powerful motivation because to be on her wrong side was horrible."

Woody Allen himself:

Not that I doubt Dylan hasnít come to believe sheís been molested, but if from the age of 7 a vulnerable child is taught by a strong mother to hate her father because he is a monster who abused her, is it so inconceivable that after many years of this indoctrination the image of me Mia wanted to establish had taken root? Is it any wonder the experts at Yale had picked up the maternal coaching aspect 21 years ago?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote