View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 01:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
WittyReference

So crushed, feeling all the 7 stages. I almost hope it was some weird reaction to medication that drove him to it because it's hard to make sense of it all. Especially someone who lived through the deaths of Andy Wood, Kurt Cobain and Layne Staley.

I saw Soundgarden every time they came to Australia, unfortunately most of the time it was for a festival so they'd play a safer set. The first time I saw them was in 1994 at a club that held about 1000 people but it felt like they'd sold 1500 tickets. One of the most packed and hot gigs I've ever been to and the band loved it. I saw Chris on his solo tour last year which was also amazing. His song Seasons from the singles soundtrack is one of the best songs of all times.

He also revealed something about Female sexuality to me when I caught my 17 year old sister and her friend watching their early film clips in slow motion because there were close ups of Chris' tight silver shorts.

Early Seattle Grunge definitely had a glam influence mixed with metal and while it has similarities with Hair Metal, I'd say the hair side is more synonymous with being about the party. Seattle was more about Bowie and T-Rex. Maybe.
There must have been a reason the music got darker there? The first Gulf War?

https://myspace.com/almostapathy/music/albums
(Offline)   Reply With Quote