View Single Post
Old 11-27-2023, 02:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
Apia resurrected
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay86 View Post
I'm sorry you went through this, Apia. A friend of mine a couple of years ago was, as Vonnegut put it once "sufficiently sad" and took his own life. He was very sick is whole life and frankly it was a miracle he lasted as long as he did.

Shocking though it was for me, it was definitely something I needed to process for myself, as something "that had happened to me", selfish though it sounds.

It sounds like you're doing well with therapy and are on a good path here.
I hope your friend gets the help they need and receives it willingly. But you have to keep in mind they might not and there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.
Thank you. With my Special Brain I see her 95% dying from suicide in the next 5 years. But my brain isnít reliable. It always makes the worst scenario seem realistic. So I donít know.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote