Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/index.php)
-   HUAR! Command Center (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Robot Village (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1532)

william 01-24-2006 12:06 PM

Robot Village
 
1 Attachment(s)
81st Street

rellek 01-24-2006 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

The U.S. Army plans to test next month a SUPER GUN from a company appropriately called Metal Storm that can shoot 240,000 bullets per minute. The gun has no moving parts. Among its many tricks, the gun can actually shoot down enemy mortar fire.

Toys don't bother me too much, yet. This thing however, is death in the making.

MikeFly 01-28-2006 01:40 AM

Sweet zombie Jesus! that is more than messed up. It is a terminator.

Nick Postagulous 01-30-2006 10:28 PM

I want to have sex with the army robot.

teerts 01-31-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rellek
Toys don't bother me too much, yet. This thing however, is death in the making.


got a link for where that's from? i'm curious about what it shoots.

slugymay 01-31-2006 06:57 PM

I am pretty sure that it as an EM gun if it has no moving parts as it claims. The EM gun consists of two magnetic tubes and the projectile is placed in between them and then an electrical charge is sent, firing the projectile at some enormous speed. Since their are no moving parts it does not overheat, jam or need to be cleaned. So yes, it is a terminator.

teerts 02-01-2006 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugymay
I am pretty sure that it as an EM gun if it has no moving parts as it claims. The EM gun consists of two magnetic tubes and the projectile is placed in between them and then an electrical charge is sent, firing the projectile at some enormous speed. Since their are no moving parts it does not overheat, jam or need to be cleaned. So yes, it is a terminator.


So basically a railgun? it could overheat. each time that apply a current
it raises the temperature of the magnets. also there's friction between
the "bullet" and the barrel on the way out (unless it levitates) and at least
as it reloads.

slugymay 02-01-2006 12:08 PM

Your logic makes sense. I did not know that, thank you.

vinny15 02-18-2006 08:04 PM

ya and whats your guys point they will help protect our country

julian 02-18-2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinny15
ya and whats your guys point they will help protect our country

yeah i was wondering the same thing vinny15


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger