Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Kelly not having sex as often as she wants because men are pussies?
Yes 121 70.35%
No 51 29.65%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #41 (permalink)

Loved the voicemail at the end of the episode.

Have never stopped listening to an episode since I started years ago at around episode 30 or so, and I don't think I ever will, but there have been some painful ones when KATG are being so ignorant that it hurts my mind.

I'm sure other people have told this to you Keith, but obviously you are completely entitled to dislike any art you want based on you own personal preferences. However, I wish you could recognize that there are probably things going on there that you don't understand. There are technicalities and contexts that enhance one's understanding of art that can make you appreciate it on a deeper level than "it just looks good".

I blame art snobs for this whole debacle. If it wasn't for them sticking their noses up whenever someone doesn't like the classics, I think Keith wouldn't be so zealous in defending his right to dislike said classics.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #42 (permalink)

I definitely agreed with some of the points the caller made.
I just wish he would have said them differently.
He got too worked up and his tone of voice made it difficult to take him seriously. And I think getting yelled at just makes people defensive, for the most part.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #43 (permalink)

Okay, I guess I was in agreement with Keith all along? I could have sworn that his point was that it's totally retarded to spend that much on such an ugly piece of shit painting. I was saying that it's not totally retarded, and that there is a reason that a person might do that and not be an absolute waste.

I liked the caller at the end. He was amusing and he made what I thought was a very valid point about willful ignorance. It can seem at times that K&C rail against people who know things almost as much as they rail against jerks who pretend to know things to pump themselves up, and it can be frustrating for those of us who are nerds and love knowledge, but what does the show do if not stir the shit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
On another note, who the fuck is voting 'No' on this pole. If your voting 'No' please post your reasons.
I voted no, because not all men are pussies. I think she's probably approaching the wrong men in the wrong context.

Maybe it's just jealousy because I'm unattractive and abrasive, but when women use sex to get things they want without having to do any other work, it totally skeeves me out. And the few times I've found myself in the situation where I think I might be getting something for free by virtue of my vagina, I feel really gross, and I will either force money on the freebie giver, refuse the freebie or leave as soon as possible. But I know I'm crazy.

Maybe Kelly's not crazy, or broken, but selling yourself in a sexual context like Kelly and Lindsay are doing is definitely a red flag to me. I want to have them back just because I want to find out what's wrong with them. I hope if they read this, they don't take it the wrong way. Everybody has something wrong with them.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #44 (permalink)

God dammit, I remember when Keith accidentally spilled the news about Chemda's abortion. They got very few letters about a) abortion or b) accidentally telling the internet. Is it just because it was years ago and there were fewer listeners? Or if congress made a law revoking all federal funding for modern art would there be riots in the street?

On boys being pussies, I once told a guy I was seeing he should come over and watch movies because my roommate was going to be away. He said "nah I'm kind of busy", I said are you sure? My roommate with be away. He said "nah".
After a couple of unsuccessful tries to get him to my house I broke up with him, 10minutes after I got off the phone he texted me saying "I wish I was laying next to you". I nearly wrote back "YOU COULD HAVE BEEN DUMBASS".
Enter coupon code KATGforums to receive 10% off your order.

Last edited by tuttle88; 05-12-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuttle88 View Post
God dammit, I remember when Keith accidentally spilled the news about Chemda's abortion. They got very few letters about a) abortion or b) accidentally telling the internet. Is it just because it was years ago and there were fewer listeners? Or if congress made a law revoking all federal funding for modern art would there be riots in the street?

On boys being pussies, I once told a guy I was seeing he should come over and watch movies because my roommate was going to be away. He said "nah I'm kind of busy", I said are you sure? My roommate with be away. He said "nah".
After a couple of unsuccessful tries to get him to my house I broke up with him, 10minutes after I got off the phone he texted me saying "I wish I was laying next to you". I nearly wrote back "YOU COULD HAVE BEEN DUMBASS".
Haha, I think you should have wrote that!

I really didn't understand how any guy could say no unless he's REALLY not attracted to a girl. Oh, I would love a girl like Lindsay or Kelly.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #46 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Are you sure? I remember Keith mentioning a good number of emails of people calling him a douche for that.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Are you sure? I remember Keith mentioning a good number of emails of people calling him a douche for that.
People called him a douche but the storm seemed to die down quickly, no one said they were offended or stopped listening, or were hovering over the unsubscribe button.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:41 PM   #48 (permalink)

i noticed how the Danny and the art thread spawned a bunch of whiny newbies that seem to be incredibly angry about bullshit.

I guess it's the spring.Normal people feel horny and happy, dorks are pissed off and miserable.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuttle88 View Post
God dammit, I remember when Keith accidentally spilled the news about Chemda's abortion. .
What episode was that?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattt View Post
What episode was that?
320 "Use a condom"

ADD: Alright, i listened to the phone call a bit more attentively. This guy will probably have his points missed, because he let emotions get over him (but that's the way to make people hear ya sometimes). But his reaction is basically the gut reaction most people have to KATG.

My first approach to Keith was "Sue Everybody" and "Coming of Age". I havent heard the show. After a couple of jokes i thought he was condescending, arrogant, ignorant, obnoxious... But incredibly funny. SO i went to the show, and heard Chemda and her sweet but tough as nails personality.

I had my moments of "Oh, fuck them", but their constant funnyness, ability to speak about real life without hypocrisy, their interaction with the fans and their BIG heart made me fall in love with 'em.

I think this call is a typical gut reaction to one of the many provocative arguments of the show. After a bit of discussion and time, the caller himself will feel embvarassed by it.

There's a good number of people who react harshly at what you say because you're expanding a lot (Maybe the marathon, maybe the book). And they're newbies.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 05-12-2010 at 02:34 PM.