Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Kelly not having sex as often as she wants because men are pussies?
Yes 121 70.35%
No 51 29.65%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2010, 04:30 AM   #61 (permalink)

I'm with the guy who called in on the voicemail (even though he did go on about it for too long). Lately I am finding myself fast forwarding the bits where Keith gets into rants about stuff he is obviously ignorant about. It's getting boring. As is his starting every other show with shouting "U.S.A - U.S.A!!!" and bitching about other countries. Yawners indeed. I know it's a comedy show and that we shouldn't take everything at face value, but if that's the case why was Danny Lobbell's "bit" the other day so wrong? I pretty much stick to episodes with guests these days (they are usually great) but skip the ones with just Keith & Chemda.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:55 AM   #62 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You have good points, but that's the style of the show. Keith has always been like that (not ignorant, i mean. but a person who speaks his mind loudly and doesnt care if it annoys people). The fact is that if you get behinf his hilarious tirades, he usually has very well reasoned points. He's incredibly smart and hides marvelous gems of wisdom in his rants (He's not against art or Picasso, he's against pretentiousness. Like he's always been)

But then again, you have the right to skip whatever you want. At least, between the fucks, you had a few points in your call. Just expect to be made fun of. Also being british doesnt help.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:00 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
At least, between the fucks, you had a few points in your call. Just expect to be made fun of. Also being british doesnt help.
I think you've got it wrong - I didn't say I am the guy who called in, only that I am with (as in agree with - we're not an item) the guy who called in.

I also agree with you - it is obvious that Keith is an intelligent guy. He very often comes out with absolute gems that witness great insight. I think I am just getting a bit bored with him and his way of expressing himself, that's probably all....

For the record, I am not British. And neither was the guy calling in. I am Danish, living in London.

Last edited by dkgemini; 05-13-2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:36 AM   #64 (permalink)

Oh sorry, i skipped the "with".

Forgive me, i'm kinda spacey lately.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:47 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Keith has always been like that (not ignorant, i mean. but a person who speaks his mind loudly and doesnt care if it annoys people).
Are you sure about that? My enjoyment of the show definitely changed over the years and it's mostly because of these in my opinion completely ignorant, unfunny, uninteresting and redundant rants as well as the growing ignorance in general. These rants have no value for me whatsoever. I am not saying I'll quit listening to the show anytime soon and I'm still donating monthly because there still are a lot of gems (of the recent shows the ones with Danny, Liam, Mark, Patrice, Suzy and Myq e.g.) but I find myself not enjoying huge parts of the shows more and more.
So either the show has changed or I have changed.
Of course it would be presumptuous of me to ask from K&C to change their show just for my sake but all I can say is that currently don't enjoy the show as much as I used to, which is a shame.

Now was this post really necessary? I don't know, but I really wanted to get it off my chest. Maybe writing it down also helps me getting over the issue somehow.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:03 AM   #66 (permalink)

I can only say that i've been listening to very early shows lately and Keith was exactly as tough and opinionated as he is now.

And he got funnier and better structured. He's also much more accomodating and kind, in these days. He got much more pissed at the posts and mail from the audience back then.

If anything, i noticed that listeners (old and new, apparently) are getting way more anal about sillyness. He and Chemda made fun of race, religion, mental and physical inlnesses, fat people, nerds, literature, movies, music, amrican countries, non-american countries....

Keith has dedicated a whole show about bombing israel and playing soap hockey over the ruins. Chemda stomped on the symbol of the Queen in London. etc....

But he drops a joke about art (which was basically a comment about how a lot of people fake enjoying some things to appear intelligent) and suddenly everyone gets butt hurt?

Weird.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:10 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
He and Chemda made fun of race, religion, mental and physical inlnesses, fat people, nerds, literature, movies, music, amrican countries, non-american countries....

Weird.
Yeah, but a small part of me dies whenever Keith makes fun of nerds.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:16 AM   #68 (permalink)

Neither you, i or standardman are the nerds he talks about. He means sarcastic, alitary, asshole nerds who make fun of people because they cant pick the differences between the various races of Orks in Warhammer.

We're geeks!

(And look-wise, if you consider yourself a nerd, then Buddy Holly was one too. Are you calling Buddy Holly a nerd? I should give you a purple nurple right here)
Old 05-13-2010, 06:22 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Neither you, i or standardman are the nerds he talks about. He means sarcastic, alitary, asshole nerds who make fun of people because they cant pick the differences between the various races of Orks in Warhammer.

We're geeks!

(And look-wise, if you consider yourself a nerd, then Buddy Holly was one too. Are you calling Buddy Holly a nerd? I should give you a purple nurple right here)
Hey! I get told that I look like Buddy Holly a lot. I worked in a coffee shop and all the cops that hung out there called me that.
"Hey, Buddy Holly, warm this up for me, thanks Buddy Holly."

Even though I am a nerd, I do feel like I am graced with good social skills, and wouldn't berate anyone over the many difference between Bob Clampett's Daffy Duck &. Chuck Jones' Daffy.

I am afraid, though, that my speaking voice is really not unlike Keith's mock nerd voice.
Darn these adenoids!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 AM   #70 (permalink)

Junk you're embellishing what keith has said and you're attaching your own interpretations to it. Keith said picasso's works where of no value and that everyone who says that likes picasso is a pretentious, hypocrite, snob.

yes, we're talking about art, that is a lesser thing for the vast majority on the forums. The art-controversy only started because the subject is art, a typically and traditionally controversial subject that doesn't occupy anyone's priority list.

Geeks don't like to feel stupid and generally have a passive attitude towards controversy. Art is an excuse and a trigger. At day's end what you say and write is what you say and write.