Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you a child molester?
Yes 2 0.93%
No 214 99.07%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Medium Brumski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer

My general understanding is the law has a general "keep your hands to yourself" rule which applies both to the groper and the gropee. You can choose to beat up the person who touches you but one of the consequences of that choice could be an assault charge.

*And the rule does apply to women as well. I remember one story about a group of lesbian women who were all charged with assault after beating up a guy who got aggressive with them after they ignored his catcalling attempts. He spit on them, and they beat the shit out of him. They were all convicted.
I guess I was thinking more of the scenario of being at a party, and not really about kicking the shit out of someone for it, but a shove first to let them know you were serious, then, depending on how gropey they got or continued to be, upping the response, for a female or straight dude.

If you ever really kick the shit out of someone, whether in your heart you feel they deserved it or not, you gotta be ready to get the hell out of there.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
Besides, if you're stupid enough to kill yourself because other people don't like you, you're just extra flesh anyway. We all have opportunities to rise above, whether we take them is the important part of the equation..
I think that the level of homophobia that drives someone to suicide is a bit harsher than "people not liking you".

I understang being tough and rising above, but let's not be gratuitously brutal for the sake of it. Most people do not see or even have those "opportunities" you speak of.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Medium Brumski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post

Or what if a girl had webcast her female roommate getting fucked by her college BF when the girl was supposed to be really christian and saving herself for marriage? We all know hypocrites and want to cut them down to size, but the broadcast was wrong.
I was joking. Not saying I wouldn't watch the video in my made up situation , but the roommate was certainly wrong for broadcasting it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Blitzgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I think that the level of homophobia that drives someone to suicide is a bit harsher than "people not liking you".
QFT, dude.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
I guess I was thinking more of the scenario of being at a party, and not really about kicking the shit out of someone for it, but a shove first to let them know you were serious, then, depending on how gropey they got or continued to be, upping the response, for a female or straight dude.
I think most people would understand why a guy would shove someone who was doing that. Well, I hope so anyway.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DarkKnightJared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 641
I went onto the thread while starting the show, saw the poll, thought, "Wow, this is an easy poll today...maybe too easy?" and kept listening--I ain't gonna be tricked!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
marina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I live in Southern California.
Posts: 3,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I think that the level of homophobia that drives someone to suicide is a bit harsher than "people not liking you".

I understang being tough and rising above, but let's not be gratuitously brutal for the sake of it. Most people do not see or even have those "opportunities" you speak of.
I'm being totally brutal. But that kid was a coward in life and he is a coward in death. Both staying in the closet in this day and age in America and taking the easy way out when shit gets too harsh are cowardly choices.

I'm not saying that cowardice isn't called for from time to time. All sorts of dishonorable behavior has a legitimate justification. But it's still dishonorable.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DarkKnightJared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
Antoine Dodson.
I dunno--I'd say he's more of an idiot savant than just a common idiot.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I'm being totally brutal. But that kid was a coward in life and he is a coward in death. Both staying in the closet in this day and age in America and taking the easy way out when shit gets too harsh are cowardly choices.

I'm not saying that cowardice isn't called for from time to time. All sorts of dishonorable behavior has a legitimate justification. But it's still dishonorable.
I see the point you're making. But "this day and age" isnt that much of accepting as many think it is. Being gay can still be a tough life for lots of people, anywhere (not only in religious backwards countries). And for some kids there's probably a background of intolerance in the family or in the clique of friends they chose, that the stress and pain could snap their head like a twig.

And using words like "coward" and "the easy way out" is as damaging as calling them "fags" (in the mean, hateful way).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DarkKnightJared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 641
On the kid's brain--my question would be if there's something going on in that mortuary's autopsy rights. I would assume that the parents would have to sign off for that--is there some sort of fine print that they hide there that says, "We can use any part of your child's body for our own purposes after the autopsy?"
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Blitzgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I see the point you're making. But "this day and age" isnt that much of accepting as many think it is. Being gay can still be a tough life for lots of people, anywhere (not only in religious backwards countries). And for some kids there's probably a background of intolerance in the family or in the clique of friends they chose, that the stress and pain could snap their head like a twig.

And using words like "coward" and "the easy way out" is as damaging as calling them "fags" (in the mean, hateful way).


Junk's exactly right on this. Kids are still being sent to indoctrination camps "in this day and age" to try to brainwash the gay out of them. They're still getting thrown out of their homes and disowned. Gay teens are still committing suicide at alarming levels.

Dan Savage has just started a campaign to reach out to gay kids in the heartland to let them know that there is a future for them. It's still pretty tough out there to be gay in America.

I'm also reading as an update to this story that charging the roommate and his friend with a hate crime is almost off the table at this point because the prosecutor thinks there is no way to prove it in court. So it will likely just be an invasion of privacy charge.
__________________
"'Wah! I'm not good enough, so I blame YOU!' - by the way, that's a baby accent." - Chemda

Last edited by Blitzgal; 10-05-2010 at 02:25 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger