Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did Woody Allen molest Dyan Farrow?
Yes 106 82.17%
No 23 17.83%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree587Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 06:53 PM   #91 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Scumhook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Uranus
Posts: 19,814
There are areas of the USA where a virgin is a girl who can run faster than her Dad & her brothers.

Just sayin', this might have a bearing on where people stand on Woodygate.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #92 (permalink)
Senior Member
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
flerchin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dallas, TX 5'11" 200#
Posts: 884
Like you would know.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:07 PM   #93 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Scumhook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Uranus
Posts: 19,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
Like you would know.
I can run faster than my sister.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #94 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Curt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 125
Yes Pat, you’re biased everyone is biased. I do like how you assume I’m assigning culpability in the incident with your ex. I said you have had an incident and that would make you biased. Your responsibility for what happened never came into question. Yes, I misremembered the word ‘crazy’ and should have said ‘stoopid’, now finding that funny is problematic as well and points toward some structural bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDixonNYC View Post
In Woody Allen's case, if there was enough evidence to prosecute, they would've done it. Judge Wilk stated in his decision: "The evidence suggests that it is unlikely that he could be successfully prosecuted for sexual abuse." That's a fancy way of saying "We've got nothing on him."
If you read the actual opinion from Judge Wilk in 1993 the tone is far different from your interpretation.

Allen v. Farrow Custody Ruling, June 7, 1993

“There is no credible evidence to support Mr. Allen’s contention that Ms. Farrow coached Dylan or that Ms. Farrow acted upon a desire for revenge against him for seduction Soon-Yi. Mr. Allen’s resort to the stereotypical “woman scorned” defense is an injudicious attempt to divert attention from his failure to act as a responsible parent and adult.” –Wilk

In short Mr. Allen is making shit up to blame the victim and her family.

He also damn’s the evidence of the discovery team because they and their report are in his words “sanitized and , therefore, less credible.” This doesn’t mean Dylan was lying but that the team investigating her was inept at least and criminal bad at their job at worst.

Judge Wilk also blames Mia Farrow saying “Ironically, Ms. Farrow’s principal shortcoming with respect to responsible parenting appears to have been her continued relationship with Mr. Allen.”

The Judge also faults Mr. Allen for his trial strategy of pushing family members against one another and that these actions “warrant a careful monitoring of his future contact with the children.”

He concludes saying:

“I agree with Dr. Herman and Dr. Brodzinsky that we will probably never know what occurred on August 4, 1992. The credible testimony of Ms. Farrow, Dr. Coates, Dr. Leventhal and Mr. Allen does, however, prove that Mr. Allen’s behavior toward Dylan was grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her.”

I short this is judge talk for ‘we can’t prove it legally but he did something and we need to keep this creep away.’

Lack of prosecution does not mean innocence.

It has been made purposefully difficult to prosecute and convict people in the U.S. which comes from Blackstone and Franklin who contended that many guilty men should go free to if that is necessary to protect the freedom of a single innocent man. The victim never comes into the equation. This idea has matriculated through the years and proven so distasteful at times that other societies have found a need to further address the idea of guilt and innocence. The Scottish even derived a third verdict of ‘not proven’ to further explain a decision.

So now let’s get into the victim and re-victimization of Dylan Farrow. You can defend Allen as much as you want but denying the charges is validity and possibility because of a lack of a conviction is ripping open the wounds of not only Dylan Farrow but everyone listening who has experienced the horror of childhood sexual abuse. Isolating what you say to ‘hey, all I’m saying is the man is innocent until proven guilty’ is a tacit jab at the victim and says to all other victims that their credibility will be the most scrutinized and that feeling keeps a lot of them from ever coming forward. In my first post I said that roughly 25% of females in the US have suffered childhood sexual abuse. So let’s do some math.

All numbers per the US census 2010 unless stated otherwise

Number of People in US: 308,747,716
Percentage of people under 18: 24%
Number of people under 18: 72,555,713
Approx. percentage that are female: 51%
Number of females under 18: 36,858,302
Percentage of women who have suffered sexual abuse: ~25%
Number of females under 18 who have been abused: 9,214,576

According to the National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect in 2010 there were 8.6 substantiated cases of child sexual abuse that year per 10,000 people under 18. That’s roughly 0.1% which includes both boys and girls. Take from the number of people under 18 that gives us approx. 62,400 case reported and substantiated in 2010. Which is only 0.7% of the understood female victim population.

We know a lot of kids and adults who have been abused are too afraid to report and the treatment of Dylan Farrow and people like here is a huge part of that.

This is a huge problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDixonNYC View Post
And if you still think there was enough evidence to prosecute but Dylan was too fragile, why haven't they taken it to civil court? The burden of proof is lower and then he would publicly held responsible, which seems to be what they want, since the criminal statute of limitations has passed.
Dylan Farrow has not made any propositions for money and blaming a victim and their family for not pushing civil charges at the time or now is obfuscating the point and has nothing to do with whether Woody Allen is a creepy fucking old man.
Jmsmittyroad likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:29 PM   #95 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
EllaMacFarlane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Israel
Posts: 957
Pat, when K & C asked you, you said that you would leave your niece alone with Woody. A man whom the police said they had probable cause to put on trial for child molestation. My question to you is: is that thinking critically?
Keith and Enunciated Piffle like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:05 PM   #96 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Dean from Australia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,301
I think I'm finally gonna subscribe to the NYCCR.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:07 PM   #97 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Scumhook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Uranus
Posts: 19,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
I think I'm finally gonna subscribe to the NYCCR.
Fucking DO IT!!

And Pat hasn't got his shit together yet with a premium members-only bullshit setup, so you can download all the back eps for free.

Many hours of dryasabone humour await your shell-like ears...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:08 AM   #98 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 110
I was thinking some more of why Pat actually bothered me this much on the episode.

Dylan states that Woody took her to the attack and molested her.

I am fine with the argument that it is rational to have doubts (coaching, planted memories etc) and that it is also rational to believe she is most likely remembering and telling the truth.

But Pat's argument wasn't that one could either have doubts or believe her rationally he was strongly arguing it is irrational, hysterical and emotional to believe her that what she said happened took place.

Even if he claims he just ignores the question of are Mia and Dylan honest he goes beyond that by portraying believing Dylan as a mental deficiency.
campy likes this.

Last edited by New here; 02-13-2014 at 04:55 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:19 AM   #99 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Scumhook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Uranus
Posts: 19,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by oie View Post
They're too insecure to admit that they just may be wrong.
Yes - insecure.

How to sum up Pat Dixon's essence in one gloriously inaccurate word.

You fucking window licking retard.
lattaland and oie like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:40 AM   #100 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cart Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 786
Woody Allen has stayed married to Soon-Yi Previn since 1997.

A long(ish) term celebrity marriage is perhaps a positive mark for Woody Allen and his wife.

His film career has been, and continues to be wonderful.

Airing these sorts of accusations publicly, without proof, could be hurtful.

We would all appear a bit weird if put under the spotlight.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger