Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did Woody Allen molest Dyan Farrow?
Yes 106 82.17%
No 23 17.83%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree587Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 09:25 AM   #171 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDixonNYC View Post
As a stand-up comedian, journalist, podcaster and occasional television personality, I'm always trying to get my comedy, personality and ideas in front of as many people as possible. Some people just don't care for me. Obviously I can scratch you off the list of fans, and based on what I'm reading here, that was bound to happen sooner or later.

In the future, you might consider improving your listening skills. Instead of tuning into the emotional content of a discussion exclusively, try to focus on some of the ideas which are being expressed. If you find yourself getting angry, take a step away from the discussion. Breath deeply (try breathing through your nostrils) into your diagram, and release the breath slowly.

Look into meditation. Or if you already meditate, stop. Whatever you're doing, try the opposite. You've got nothing to lose.

Most of all, try to learn a few new adjectives. When you're forced to use the same words over and over, it comes off as repetitive and limits the range of ideas you're capable of expressing. I have a feeling that might be a big source of frustration for you.

Good luck in the future.
Thanks for proving my point.

Edit: Also, the fact that you're spending so much time in this thread, writing huge massive replies to absolutely everyone is indicative of quite a few things. I won't start going to ad hominem territory the way you are, but just think about it. Why?

Last edited by Gattaca; 02-15-2014 at 09:33 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #172 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
JSZilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattaca View Post
Thanks for proving my point.

Edit: Also, the fact that you're spending so much time in this thread, writing huge massive replies to absolutely everyone is indicative of quite a few things. I won't start going to ad hominem territory the way you are, but just think about it. Why?
And he is the only one? He just said: in a way too diplomatic way, the word "crazy". Ad hominem or not. He isn't the only one doing it. Funny enough he was responding to someone who VERY MUCH was doing that very thing. And funny more, only in response to Pat explaining his point, defending it, then arguing with someone point by point; which is what you do when having a debate.

I want to also point out, how he is acting on the forum is a good contrast how he was on the show. Not majorly, but in what he JUST said that is hardly how he acted on the show. So your point is not backed up actually. However, on what he said about Chemda, I do think hysterical is pushing it. That is hyperbole. Excited and passionate is a better phrasing of Chemda's behavior. But the thing is Keith was too. Chemda was not the only one to debate Pat. I would argue, she was not the only one to be anything. They both were. Chemda was not more "attacking" than Keith was. Because they were ALL in disagreement. Not just Chemda. I'm trying to help here. I want everyone to get along. But one (Pat) can't just say it was ONLY Chemda to get passionate. I hate to say it but that does skew a little bias against The Girl....Which was one of Keith's points about Pat. One I didn't agree with before...

Honestly, the real why isn't WTF Pat. The real why is: Why the fuck is this still being talked about?

EDIT: People disagree. I think everyone has stated why. It's like the Ken Ham and Bill Nye debate. No one will change their mind and no matter how things are explained. It's a waste of time.
__________________
Medium Brumski: The only reason we have the 2nd Amendment is because John Adams was afraid of the zombie apocalypse and he wanted to make sure Americans would be prepared, I guess Keith hasn't gotten to that part of the mini-series yet.

Sparrow:...Brings up her point? What point?! Are we naht suckin' ya cahk hahd enough, Sue?!?

Keith: Oh, you...

Last edited by JSZilla; 02-15-2014 at 10:04 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:27 AM   #173 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Sparrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattaca View Post
Edit: Also, the fact that you're spending so much time in this thread, writing huge massive replies to absolutely everyone is indicative of quite a few things. I won't start going to ad hominem territory the way you are, but just think about it. Why?
i'd like to thank pat dixon for one, bein' damn cute, and for two, coming to the forums and taking the time to hang out and respond. it's really fucking cool when guests do that. pat is a gem, gattadookiebutt.
Bucho, Lanfear, lattaland and 6 others like this.

Last edited by Sparrow; 02-15-2014 at 10:29 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #174 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattaca View Post
Thanks for proving my point.

Edit: Also, the fact that you're spending so much time in this thread, writing huge massive replies to absolutely everyone is indicative of quite a few things. I won't start going to ad hominem territory the way you are, but just think about it. Why?
You're a moron
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:30 PM   #175 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, baby!
Posts: 12,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSZilla View Post
What he said about Chemda, I do think hysterical is pushing it. That is hyperbole. Excited and passionate is a better phrasing of Chemda's behavior.
It's not a hyperbole. Pat meant hysterical, so he typed hysterical.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #176 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Bucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 3,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattaca View Post
This whole episode had me needing to take a valium it was so stressful to listen to (Pat) with no internet to get online and read/talk about or chime in on. Wow.
Calm down Gattaca, you're being hysterical.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #177 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
JSZilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
It's not a hyperbole. Pat meant hysterical, so he typed hysterical.
Maybe I'm going nuts, forgetful even, since it has been awhile since I heard the show. But I beg to differ with him. I think he was wrong with hysterical lol. I would think you would agree. She was far from hysterical. Pat may feel she was but I think he was exaggerating. I assume you are going with out right lying?

EDIT: Hysterical could be applied to me being so pissed off at Mike Lawrence over a disagreement in his opinion of a fucking movie based on a comic book that my first joke-go-too was serial murder. Trivial may be a choice word too. I'd go so far as to say, maybe even stupid. And I don't mean the funny definition.

Last edited by JSZilla; 02-15-2014 at 04:13 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:02 PM   #178 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, baby!
Posts: 12,054
He's either lying to trick people into making them think they heard something that they didn't, or it's misogyny that's making him really think Chemda was hysterical.

I think it's the former because I think he's very smart, but I can see the latter easily as well.

The other stuff such as "calm down," "your mic is louder," "now we're onto name calling," are nothing other than tricks.

We far and away won this poll, so this isn't from hard feelings of any kind: Pat is a smug trickster from way back. It shocks me that it works on some people.

I of course say that with peace and love.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #179 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
JSZilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I of course say that with peace and love.
I see what you mean. I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it's the other bullshit you mentioned that is making it increasingly difficult to do so. I do hope after all this everyone is still cool.

That peace and love thing should be your new tag line btw. That's hilarious.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:19 PM   #180 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, baby!
Posts: 12,054
We're fine. I'm only typing this because he kept going on here. Meanwhile we're still texting friendly and all that behind the scenes.
JSZilla and PatDixonNYC like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger