Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: The MMA transgender woman
It's fair she fights women 16 12.80%
It's unfair she fights women 109 87.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree148Likes

Old 04-14-2015, 07:47 AM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLoco View Post
Marykae, over four days ago I asked ...
While I agree with you and don't agree with MaryKae, I'm inclined to read her "man's opinion" comment as defensiveness more than as her literal opinion.

She may have come across a few men in the past who think of women's sports and female athletes as a joke, but who use the topic as a trans maligning opportunity, by pretending to empathize with female athletes.

She's defensive so anyone genuinely empathizing with "born in female body" women feels to her like a disingenuous divide and conquer tactic.

In response to a couple earlier comments, women do not have anywhere near the pain tolerance of men, and wtf is up with whitey's bones? White people, find some calcium!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:56 AM   #162 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I've got nothing against Marykae. As I said in my first post, I would sincerely like an answer. Either she's getting bad advice and blaming it on gender or there really are situations where a man could not possibly comprehend what is going down.

I've really been thinking about it. If I had an STI, I wouldn't discount medical advice from a female urologist just because she's never had male genitalia. Likewise, I would never give advice to women on how to treat men based solely on how I personally prefer to be treated without qualifying my advice. If there is a discussion I should never, ever get involved in with a woman because it is beyond male comprehension, I'd like that list now rather than later.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:22 AM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
If there is a discussion I should never, ever get involved in with a woman because it is beyond male comprehension, I'd like that list now rather than later.
I doubt she does think that. But when she takes a break from roughing up the trans women down at the roller rink, hopefully she'll come fill us in on if she does or not.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:26 AM   #164 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I've got nothing against Marykae. As I said in my first post, I would sincerely like an answer. Either she's getting bad advice and blaming it on gender or there really are situations where a man could not possibly comprehend what is going down.

I've really been thinking about it. If I had an STI, I wouldn't discount medical advice from a female urologist just because she's never had male genitalia. Likewise, I would never give advice to women on how to treat men based solely on how I personally prefer to be treated without qualifying my advice. If there is a discussion I should never, ever get involved in with a woman because it is beyond male comprehension, I'd like that list now rather than later.
The key point here is "you" wouldn't disregard a females opinion, lots of other males will some proud and openly some just internally.

And its the same the other way around, I know that guys can raise a child just as well as a woman would (after taking out breastmilk & related biology) but I am sure there are lots of women running around shouting "OMG a child needs its mother"
Old 04-14-2015, 09:58 AM   #165 (permalink)

I didn't acknowledge you because out if the gate you seemed to not comprehend that women and men have completely different experiences walking through life. In my experience, there is never any use having a discussion with people like that. It's a waste if time and frustrates me unnecessarily.

I'm not saying a man couldn't have good advice for a woman. I am saying that a man could not say how he would feel if he were a woman, because he has been treated completely differently walking through life.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:01 AM   #166 (permalink)

I'm not being defensive. I'm just saying true things!
Old 04-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #167 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

If you happen to be on your period now you have to say.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #168 (permalink)

I have a close friend who has transitioned from male to female and is competitive at a fairly high level in her sport. The main issue is that each sport federation is going to have to decide what hormone levels constitutes what is fair and reasonable. So far for her everything seems ok in terms of fair competition and no one has raised concerns that I know of.

To the issue of bone density. That isn't reversible.

1. Unfortunately, the annihilation of sex characteristics of the original sex is incomplete. In male-to-female transsexuals, there is no mode of treatment to revert earlier effects of androgens on the skeleton. The greater height, the shape of the jaws, the size and shape of the hands and feet, and the narrow width of the pelvis can not be redressed once they have reached their final size at the end of puberty. Conversely, the relative lower height in female-to-male transsexuals (in the Netherlands an average of 12 cms) and the broader hip configuration will not change under the influence of hormonal treatment.

Source article:
TransGenderCare.com : Medical/Hormonal : Hormone Treatment in Transsexuals
Keith, lilgoodlad and FingerLakes like this.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #169 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Was Amy fired from her school? She really was the fucking best guest
What KATGuh should I nominate her for?
marykae and KOUNTRY like this.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 04-14-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:01 AM   #170 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Are there any cases of the reverse, a woman transitioning to a male and competing with males?

If not I wonder why...
Keith and Scumhook like this.