Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show Talk (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   2699: Landmark (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20660)

memecherry 08-23-2017 12:27 PM

The roping in of loved ones & up sell makes it seem like Scientology...

flerchin 08-23-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 862901)
Now, your wife kicked you out. That happened. But out of disturbance? Is that your story?

What?

She's Deaf. I was laughing so hard I shook the bed. She said, "Stop wiggling." There's no discussing it with her in the dark, so I started my day a bit early while finishing the episode.

Keith 08-23-2017 03:23 PM

So stop wiggling is what she said. Is she hates when you have fun MY story?

A lot to take in.

flerchin 08-23-2017 03:57 PM

What?

I can't keep up with the Landmark language.

memecherry 08-23-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 862904)
So stop wiggling is what she said. Is she hates when you have fun MY story?

A lot to take in.

Speoutside your story is the true meaning of my story...
covfefe...
the iraq's and such...

thirteen 08-23-2017 04:10 PM

Seems like Cat is into these motivational speakers, conferences, gatherings, pyramid schemes, etc. I wouldn't be able to deal with that stuff for very long, especially if it's being pushed onto me in a relationship. Not saying it happened. Just saying it'd be too much for me, personally.

Great guest! Meshed so well with Keith and Chemda.

jcro21 08-23-2017 06:16 PM

Yikes, the whole experience sounds sleazier than I had imagined. I love that they address the "Landmark is a cult" idea by playing a fun roleplaying game about how we are SO not a cult. That aspect of it would make it really hard for me to trust the program.

On the other hand, Keith does sound changed. Maybe it really works.

memecherry 08-23-2017 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcro21 (Post 862916)
Yikes, the whole experience sounds sleazier than I had imagined. I love that they address the "Landmark is a cult" idea by playing a fun roleplaying game about how we are SO not a cult. That aspect of it would make it really hard for me to trust the program.

On the other hand, Keith does sound changed. Maybe it really works.

I think Keith making changes says more about Keith vs the program...

Thankfully he isn't super gullible!

IMO he seems more open to self-reflection, which in turn can lead to personal growth.

Sakugenken 08-24-2017 02:19 AM

When I was living in NYC my co-worker (I was a salesman in a small 2 man shop) took one of these, also called the Forum. The things he learned weren't bad but just common sense renamed with "special" words. He talked me into a "free" lecture. Afterwards the lights went up and the person next to me did a hard sell for taking the course. I kind of enjoy debate so eventually the person would give up and immediately another person would start their pitch. Exhausting!

shoebootie 08-24-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirteen (Post 862909)
Seems like Cat is into these motivational speakers, conferences, gatherings, pyramid schemes, etc. I wouldn't be able to deal with that stuff for very long, especially if it's being pushed onto me in a relationship. Not saying it happened. Just saying it'd be too much for me, personally.

Great guest! Meshed so well with Keith and Chemda.

I had thought the same thing re: Cat and these motivational speakers/pyramid scheme type retreats. The WTF look on my face that she went to Landmark, had her experience there and then sold Keith on going to this thing too?? What exactly was the desired outcome supposed to be for this?