Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show Talk (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   3121: Once Upon a TimeÖ w/ Kyle Ocasio (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21512)

Keith 07-28-2019 07:50 PM

3121: Once Upon a TimeÖ w/ Kyle Ocasio

Lil Nas X and Old Town Road; Keith goes to the gym; kid coupons; Kyle goes to the ER; Keith deals with dementia; Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Guest:
Kyle Ocasio
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...IO-100x100.png

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Svage 07-28-2019 09:40 PM

Saw the movie on Friday night.

By the time it was over I was confused. I was on my way out and happened to look up at the screen with the credits, and I saw "Manson Family"

Cue me getting pissed off for being expected to know details about the Manson family.

I go on reddit to see what everyone is saying and everyone is fucking dumbass saying "great movie"

I'm confused. Through context clues I figure out that Margot Robbie's character was the person who died in real life and this whole story was a what if kind of scenario like Inglorious Basterds.

I'm upset that the movie was 2.5hrs long.

And it throws out most of the first 2 hours cause they have zero bearing on the last 30. This movie could've easily have been an hour. But 2.5hrs?? Are you shitting me???

Waste of my time.

That's not to say it didn't have its moments. It did. But come on.... I felt tricked.

Also.. You go Kyle! Going off on that nurse. Awesome.

Great episode can't wait for the myka fox episode, been wayyy too long since she's been on

LoopyLou79 07-29-2019 02:56 AM

Old Peoples Homes

Its important to recognise as Chemda said, that an older person needs to be cared for by a professional if you can afford it. If they move in with you, it will make you exhausted.

Bucho 07-29-2019 03:16 AM

More movie trailer talk but no movie trailer reaction video to rake in the YouTube subscribers?

C'MON YOU GUYS!!!

BlackhatGuy 07-29-2019 06:00 AM

Kyle, youíre my hero. Your hospital story brought me out of the shitty mood I woke up in this morning. Thanks! <3

Sorin Markov 07-29-2019 06:14 AM

Once when I was in the gym and a guy on the machine next to me had a seizure and fell off of the machine and hit his head really hard on the ground. As we were comforting him and waiting for emergency services to arrive this old lady approached the guy. We thought she was a nurse but it turns out she wanted to pray over him as if he was about to die. The gym manager told her to go away LOL.

Oh you stubbed your toe? Letís prepare for last rights.

Archimedes_Screw 07-29-2019 08:33 AM

Hickhop needs to die already.

Also Kyle is back! Woohoo!

AstoriaGirl 07-29-2019 09:47 AM

Keith and anyone else who this could be useful to:

I'm going to highly recommend reaching out to CaringKind. They're a NY based group that grew out of the Alzheimers Association, but chose to focus specifically on providing support for caregivers of individuals with Alzheimers and dementia. They have information sessions on was to alter your own behavior to accomidate the behavioral changes that happen, and I think it could be a real resource for you as you navigate this.

https://caringkindnyc.org/

FingerLakes 07-29-2019 10:21 AM

I saw the show pics and knew there'd be a movie review but after getting into heavy talk of murdering your parents and mothers losing their minds I certainly did not expect the talk to shift to old people arguing about seats in the movie theater.

FingerLakes 07-29-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 877166)

This show was the most I have heard of the old town song ever. I feel bad hearing the lyrics cuz it fucking sucks. I'm tired of pop music. As much as I love Lizzo, she said she was "revolutionizing pop" with a new song she's only featured on and it's just another shitty 3 minute song. Ugh. BACK IN MY DAY [insert old man rant]

also, I fell i love with Kyle after hearing her get up in the Nurse's face and she NEEDS to follow up and do everything to shit on this woman's career that she can.

AstoriaGirl 07-29-2019 10:37 AM

I'm so glad the emails were brought up. I thought I was going crazy, or else I was the asshole for bringing it up constantly and missed some memo that it was no longer a thing.

NotARegularMom 07-29-2019 11:55 AM

I love Kyle more every time sheís on the show. Her social media is also great if you donít follow her you should. Xerxes gets no compliments ever bc I donít want Chemda to stab me.

If the music was recorded after 1999 Iím not into it. I really didnít know Billy Ray Cyrus was still relevant other than being Mileyís dad.

Unless you are on the verge of death hospitals are often as useless as the cops.

Keith 07-29-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FingerLakes (Post 877171)
I saw the show pics and knew there'd be a movie review but after getting into heavy talk of murdering your parents and mothers losing their minds I certainly did not expect the talk to shift to old people arguing about seats in the movie theater.

Thereís always time for Movie Time.

And if thereís not, you make time.

panicBoy 07-29-2019 02:11 PM

Iím gonna need to hear more of Keithís song about how every manís plans go perfectly in their own heads.

Bucho 07-29-2019 02:44 PM

You know how things have to "make sense" Keith?

After 14 years listening to you guys tell us dozens upon dozens upon dozens of tales of horror from the NY hospital system it makes less than zero sense to me that you don't automatically hit "record audio" on your phone any time you walk in through the doors of one of those G-d-forsaken hellscapes and just leave it running until you exit.

Just in case.

Because EVERY TIME there's some manner of lunacy happening in there.

Every time.

Newsy 07-29-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 877166)

Nope. Give black people country money. Give that black ass homosexual all the coins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lanfear 07-29-2019 03:19 PM

There is definitely old age dementia maybe Alzheimer's but that can be hard to distinguish from normal old age dementia in my bloodline on my mothers side.

My great grandma died when I was 9 and she was 87 and she was very messed up her last few years so I have memories of her being both normal and weird.
My grandma died just a few years ago and her last two years were in a home because there was no way she could be cared for even with a live in caretaker.

My mom is 70 so I guess we are starting the countdown clock to dementia-ville

Keith 07-29-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panicBoy (Post 877177)
Iím gonna need to hear more of Keithís song about how every manís plans go perfectly in their own heads.

That's all the lyrics. All the great songs have the least lyrics.

AstoriaGirl 07-29-2019 05:05 PM

Alzheimers is a type of dementia. I think it's the most common type of dementia but there are certianly other kids. I think the only way to definitively diagnose would be an autopsy. It was found that Robin Williams actually had a type of dementia, not the parkisons that it was thought he had.

littlp 07-31-2019 06:17 PM

First-Kyle absolutely needs to report that nurse. Unacceptable for her to act that way. How is she responding to other people in distress. Is she bitching families out whose loved ones are dying? Reporting her is important.

Second- Dementia is the umbrella of memory issues (general diagnosis). Alzheimerís is a specific type of dementia (Lewy body dementia, frontal temporal dementia etc)

So is your dad neglecting her? She could be considered incompetent to make her own decisions and he could be found at fault. She needs to be evaluated by a geriatrician. Or have a memory test. There are many different kinds of home care available for people with dementia. It sounds like it would be best for her to be in a home since your dad is too focused on mind fucking your ex-wife to give a damn.

Is she still remembering to bathe? Brush her teeth? Iím shocked that she can still drive after that accident. It will continue to get worse. One day if she hasnít already sheíll forget to turn the stove off. Or as Chemda said, wander off.

I say this as a geriatric social worker who has worked with caregivers and Veterans who have the early signs/dementia for the past 7 years. I donít want to be an alarmist-but Iíve seen scenarios like this go bad too often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucho 07-31-2019 09:32 PM

An example of what you're missing if you're the sort of sillygoose who's not following Carmen and Kyle on Twitter

https://twitter.com/CarmenComedian/s...99390598279168

SpareBen 08-01-2019 08:17 AM

I too hope this is the first in a series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho (Post 877243)
An example of what you're missing if you're the sort of
sillygoose who's not following Carmen and Kyle on Twitter

https://twitter.com/CarmenComedian/s...99390598279168

SpareBen 08-01-2019 09:06 AM

Shocked that Keith just walked away from someone who was high on a date.

In other news, I recently learned of the connection between growing up with emotionally neglectful parents and a lack of empathy in adulthood.

Lanfear 08-01-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpareBen (Post 877250)
Shocked that Keith just walked away from someone who was high on a date.

In other news, I recently learned of the connection between growing up with emotionally neglectful parents and a lack of empathy in adulthood.

That's not lack of empathy - that's self care.

There are few things more annoying than having to deal with somebody who is super drunk or crazy high when you are sober yourself. That's not what he signed up for when they planned a date I would assume.
And it's not like he left her vulnerable out in public, she was in her hotel.

CherryLavender 08-08-2019 07:40 PM

I voted yes on the poll, but it was my grandmother. She had been declining and my shitbird father stopped checking on her without telling anyone. I was called when she ended up in the ER, picked up by police, unaware of where she was.

My shitbird father said it wasn't his problem when I called him. The hospital she was in was connected to a nursing home. I had to get legal guardianship of her so I could put her in there. She still had rare moments of lucidity at this point and, of course, was having one when it was time to leave. I told her we were leaving the hospital and turned left instead of right into the nursing home wing. When the doors locked behind us she knew what the fuck, and looked at me and said please, no.

My grandmother's mother had been in a nursing home for the last 20 years of her life without knowing anyone. She spent many weekends of my childhood dragging me to the nursing home with her to visit her mother, so she knew what to expect.

I told her I didn't have a choice. Walked her to her room, got her settled, and left with her following me to the doors that locked her in. I had to literally close the door on her. I went back to visit her the next day and she refused to eat. She didn't last very long after that.

Keith 08-08-2019 07:45 PM

Shit, I didnít think I needed to say parental parents.

Ok. Weíre getting better at our polls. One day weíll get it.

FingerLakes 08-11-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryLavender (Post 877407)
I voted yes on the poll, but it was my grandmother. She had been declining and my shitbird father stopped checking on her without telling anyone. I was called when she ended up in the ER, picked up by police, unaware of where she was.

My shitbird father said it wasn't his problem when I called him. The hospital she was in was connected to a nursing home. I had to get legal guardianship of her so I could put her in there. She still had rare moments of lucidity at this point and, of course, was having one when it was time to leave. I told her we were leaving the hospital and turned left instead of right into the nursing home wing. When the doors locked behind us she knew what the fuck, and looked at me and said please, no.

My grandmother's mother had been in a nursing home for the last 20 years of her life without knowing anyone. She spent many weekends of my childhood dragging me to the nursing home with her to visit her mother, so she knew what to expect.

I told her I didn't have a choice. Walked her to her room, got her settled, and left with her following me to the doors that locked her in. I had to literally close the door on her. I went back to visit her the next day and she refused to eat. She didn't last very long after that.

oooh
fuck
sorry you had to go through all that