Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you comfortable discussing payment?
Yes 28 53.85%
No 24 46.15%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree62Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2019, 03:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Archimedes_Screw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Hutto Texas
Posts: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARegularMom View Post
I hadnít thought about the fence aspect. My assumption was the beer drinking plays an unspoken part in it.
A lot of people have shut themselves or others by climbing over the fence without placing it on the ground first or leaning the gun on the fence with the barrel facing up. Thereís even a couple of stories of dogs shooting their owners by jumping on the gun lol. Drinking beer definitely accounts for some of not knowing or caring what theyíre shooting at.
Keith and NotARegularMom like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Bucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 3,748
I feel for the families of these hunters who end up shot, but these dopes who hunt in regular camo are dumbass posers. Blaze orange camo has been on the market for years which looks the same as regular camo to deer but stands out to humans.

Also, ouch on the janky segue for the first ad read Keith but the second one was so masterful it more than made up for it. Way to get right back on that horse bro.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
A lot of people have shut themselves or others by climbing over the fence without placing it on the ground first or leaning the gun on the fence with the barrel facing up. Thereís even a couple of stories of dogs shooting their owners by jumping on the gun lol. Drinking beer definitely accounts for some of not knowing or caring what theyíre shooting at.
Why isn't the safety on?? Isn't that gun safety 101?
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer
 
dr.chode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
Did I hear something bleeped out for the first time in the ad for ZipRecruiter??
I was guessing maybe Chemda said "LinkedIn" and the ZipRecruiter folks didn't like that...?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer
 
Svage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Moreno Valley, Ca
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.chode View Post
I was guessing maybe Chemda said "LinkedIn" and the ZipRecruiter folks didn't like that...?
Dunno what she said but her energy changed for a minute.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer
 
Enunciated Piffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montana
Posts: 4,118
Chemda mentioned a book that talks about how gambling can be progressive and addictive. I just finished a book called The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg that covers this. It's interesting because it talks how the reward loop can get corrupted by gambling. The makers of those Keno machines hired video game makers in the 1990s. They realized the promise of an almost win kept certain addicts coming back.

Anyways.

If Chemda or anyone else is interested, there's a book called Atomic Habits by James Clear that takes what Duhigg did and goes further. It's like a more interesting/ improved take on habits/ loops.
The Girl and Archimedes_Screw like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!
 
The Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, baby!
Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Chemda mentioned a book that talks about how gambling can be progressive and addictive. I just finished a book called The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg that covers this. It's interesting because it talks how the reward loop can get corrupted by gambling. The makers of those Keno machines hired video game makers in the 1990s. They realized the promise of an almost win kept certain addicts coming back.



Anyways.



If Chemda or anyone else is interested, there's a book called Atomic Habits by James Clear that takes what Duhigg did and goes further. It's like a more interesting/ improved take on habits/ loops.


Thatís what I just read and was referencing. Iím now reading the 7 habits of highly effective people.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARegularMom View Post
I hadnít thought about the fence aspect. My assumption was the beer drinking plays an unspoken part in it.
It often does, but sometimes there are just unfortunate accidents. A few years back, a guy from my area fell out of his deer blind, broke his neck and died. You'd think alcohol would be the culprit, but in the autopsy it turned out he had had a heart attack and that's why he fell.

That being said, I'm from Michigan, and it's a big mix of responsible hunters and irresponsible hunters. A lot of hunting culture is tied in with gun culture, and in turn conservative white guy culture, and I think that's why you have assholes who fuck around like the guy who shot the other in Osceola did. It's like it doesn't occur to them that anything could go awry for them as a direct result of their own stupid behavior.

As for drinking while hunting, some do, and others are still drunk from the previous night.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger