Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show Talk (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   3316: Mommy Issues w/ Kyle Ocasio (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21941)

bagelwagel 09-05-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memecherry (Post 885188)
Not to be controversial, I would dilute Gatorade with some water & sometimes I do the same with juice... itís called custom drinks Keith but ok drink your juices off the rack! :D

You arenít that controversial considering the history of Gatorade. The standard bottle of Gatorade was originally sold as a concentrate syrup for a drink cooler you see players drink from on the sideline. Then people started drinking the concentrate and they went with it.

FingerLakes 09-05-2020 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 885194)
I think we need this poll. Keith, can we have it?

I would think that most people would like to water it down but I might be totally wrong!
Especially since people in the US like stuff VERY sweet in my opinion. ( itís really a difference!)
I would never drink a not watered down juice because it tastes like liquid diabetes unless I would otherwise die, of course!

it would have to be "do you water down any juice or drink you buy at the store" because like she did that too. My aunt did that. She was a penny pinching son of a bitch and did it so the drink would last longer. I'd rather just drink fucking water

shoebootie 09-05-2020 07:30 PM

Every step of parenting is harder than the previous. My crying in the past 24 hours similarly to Kyle was regarding parenting issues. This shit is hard.

Mado 09-06-2020 12:05 AM

A million kudos and virtual hugs to Kyle. What a beautiful thing she's doing in helping her daughter and loving her through these times. So many parents shrug off depression because adolescence is so volatile. Many take the "you'll get over it" mentality, and treat their teens like troublesome annoyances for being sad or anxious. Sure, it the feelings of turmoil may pass, but so might their trust and respect for that parent going forward. Whether this depression is an age-related phase or a lifelong struggle, Kyle is setting her child up for success and better coping, no matter what the future holds. Thank you for doing that for her.

Scorpion 09-06-2020 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 885184)
Fruits and vegetables!

Yeah fuck eating that crap! If it didn't cry when it died why would I eat it?

Did I just make your heart stumble a beat? I'm kidding.
I love grains! Bread, waffles, cereal & of course PASTA! I also love fruit. I eat one yogurt for breakfast everyday. We always have fresh fruit around.

My son is a total fruit kid, he eats like a pint of blueberries and a quart of strawberries nearly every day. I'm not even kidding. He also hates chocolate, milk and candy (except Skittles). He wont eat cake so for his birthday we make a "cake" out of watermelon. This year his aunt cut the watermelon into the shape of a spider used blueberries for eyes and the rind as fangs and legs. as for veggies I try to order extra veggies in my Thai food dish. I like broccoli and green bean, peas. I don't consider corn, potatoes as veggies, I think of them more like a grain because they are all starch/sugar. Kale is shit!

Apia resurrected 09-06-2020 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion (Post 885203)
Yeah fuck eating that crap! If it didn't cry when it died why would I eat it?

Did I just make your heart stumble a beat? I'm kidding.
I love grains! Bread, waffles, cereal & of course PASTA! I also love fruit. I eat one yogurt for breakfast everyday. We always have fresh fruit around.

My son is a total fruit kid, he eats like a pint of blueberries and a quart of strawberries nearly every day. I'm not even kidding. He also hates chocolate, milk and candy (except Skittles). He wont eat cake so for his birthday we make a "cake" out of watermelon. This year his aunt cut the watermelon into the shape of a spider used blueberries for eyes and the rind as fangs and legs. as for veggies I try to order extra veggies in my Thai food dish. I like broccoli and green bean, peas. I don't consider corn, potatoes as veggies, I think of them more like a grain because they are all starch/sugar. Kale is shit!

Oh wow.
Envy.
Our daughter eats fruits and vegetables and is great with self regulation in this matter.
Our son, not so much.
He is raised in the same house, with the same vegetable loving mother, but he would only eat bread and chocolate if you let him. Our pediatrician was helpful he said his kids were the same when they were little and we should relax and keep on being a good example.
Our son is a slim and fit kid, because why not prove my believes wrong.

LoopyLou79 09-06-2020 05:09 PM

Yin
 
I did a little cry in Yin Yoga this evening, why? Cause Iím fucking exhausted by all this shit.

BrotherWayne 09-06-2020 08:04 PM

Damn, right in the feels!

I'm not an easy crier but damn when Kyle started crying it almost got me going.

I love Woke Keith BTW.

I'd totally date Kyle, babe and cool as hell.

littlp 09-06-2020 08:41 PM

I feel for Kyle. We are foster parents and have an almost 10 month old who was shaken by his mother. Heís been having issues with infantile spasms and weíve had to have him on all kinds of medications-including a shot from hell that made him miserable. He swelled up, only stopped crying when I would hold him. And even then I had to really work on calming him down. Iíve cried so many times for this poor guy. Circumstances outside of my control are happening-he was suffering so bad-we have to stop these spasms to hopefully give him a chance of being able to develop normally-if they arenít stopped, he will be dependent for the rest of his life-according to the neurologist. Heís now on this medication that has a 30% chance of making him go blind. Luckily now he is doing much better and is smiling-but we wonít know if any of this stuff has worked. We are looking at another 24 hour EEG In the future.

So sorry to hear that your daughter was hospitalized due to her depression. I canít imagine how hard that was on all of you. And the mental health system is unfortunately overtaxed right now. My coworkers and I are doing everything we can to keep our two psychologists in Veteran geriatric home care going-because they are getting hit hard right now too-and feeling guilty for not being able to do more.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FingerLakes 09-06-2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 885186)
...
And at least get a door stop. Címon!

"But wouldn't YOU feel weird if we got a lock?"
"No that's okay."
"Oh okay, if you say so I guess we can get one"


AND THAT'S WHY WE CALL THEM THE DIAMOND DOGS


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger