Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you have childhood trauma that you never told anyone about?
Yes 17 41.46%
No 24 58.54%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree88Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2020, 04:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Posts: 57
I have to make my case for Schitts Creek. It has the best character of any show in years. It has more heart and charm then most shows could ever dream of. The name isn't a big part of the show after the first season. The characters are completely unlikable at the start. By the end you are pulling for them 100%. It is simply the best.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Eastern Pa.
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I think she gets it.

She knows many people named Schitt, just like you.

“Thus the spelling.” This guy...

Does the town have a creek? No spoilers.
Yeah. That was a little mansplainy. Sorry.
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:02 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer
 
dr.chode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy2009 View Post
I have to make my case for Schitts Creek. It has the best character of any show in years. It has more heart and charm then most shows could ever dream of. The name isn't a big part of the show after the first season. The characters are completely unlikable at the start. By the end you are pulling for them 100%. It is simply the best.
After watching the preview on netflix I was completely turned off to it also and ignored it. The dear members of these forums were the ones who finally convinced me to give it a shot and I really liked it! While I was being blissfully ignorant they put out 4 seasons so I had plenty to binge once I came around too!

I'm curious who from the show you thought was the best character... David??? Or was that a typo in the second sentence and should have been "characters"....?
Apia resurrected likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:07 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer
 
FingerLakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hollow Bastion
Posts: 1,887
Re: The Poll

I think I've told all of my big traumas to irl friends, internet friends or written on a forum, or told to a support group except for one. Maybe I'll get into that one when I find a therapist but it's too much to unpack and get into in one conversation
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:18 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer
 
FingerLakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hollow Bastion
Posts: 1,887
I found Schitt's Creek charming but simultaneously hated everyone except the woman at the hotel who becomes David's best friend. I didn't make it past the first season but I didn't hate what I watched. I don't think Keith would be into it. Chema is a toss up. I didn't realize the father and son were father and son until they won this award and Rae Sanni tweeted about wanting to fuck the son even though he looks just like the dad.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
Chemda. I will make you a knife. Holy fuck!
ME TOO, PLEASE
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Niedernhausen, Germany
Posts: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
I found Schitt's Creek charming but simultaneously hated everyone except the woman at the hotel who becomes David's best friend. I didn't make it past the first season but I didn't hate what I watched. I don't think Keith would be into it. Chema is a toss up. I didn't realize the father and son were father and son until they won this award and Rae Sanni tweeted about wanting to fuck the son even though he looks just like the dad.





ME TOO, PLEASE
It gets better after season 1 and the people get nicer.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:05 AM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Niedernhausen, Germany
Posts: 1,599
My traumas:

Too demanding parents
Immigration from Poland by 12 and loosing most of friends and family
Studying law and hating it, yet completing it
One relationship to a sociopath
Intrusive thoughts/ depression.

That’s what I have.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jcro21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Seemed a little like Keith is daring us to expose the "Sit on my face" guy.

I always suspected Mark Normand but I can't find evidence that he was ever of Letterman, if that's a breadcrumb Keith was dropping.
Every male comedian who hasn't been on the show in 2+ years is suspect. Normand was on at least once a year until 2015, which is a bit out of range but plausible.

Also Chuck's album is cool, very atmospheric and rhythmic. Loved his comment about how rhythm plays a role in standup, I've never made that connection before.

https://chuckpalmer.bandcamp.com/releases
Apia resurrected likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:21 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Niedernhausen, Germany
Posts: 1,599
Lightbulb

Didn’t Keith also say something about bagels and that guy or did I get something wrong.
jcro21 and Scorpion like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.chode View Post
After watching the preview on netflix I was completely turned off to it also and ignored it. The dear members of these forums were the ones who finally convinced me to give it a shot and I really liked it! While I was being blissfully ignorant they put out 4 seasons so I had plenty to binge once I came around too!

I'm curious who from the show you thought was the best character... David??? Or was that a typo in the second sentence and should have been "characters"....?
That was indeed a typo. It was supposed to be character development. I think my favorite character was Johnny. How good looking is that family in real life by the way? Look at young Eugene Levy. That guy has really aged well
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger