Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Craig and Keith go to Joshua Tree together in 2023?
Yes 25 55.56%
No 20 44.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree88Likes

Old 08-16-2023, 12:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

the most frustrating part of this episode was Chemda. Keith started the show by saying how serious he was about his feelings with all this and then she took every opportunity to belittle and deny his feelings as he was talking about the situation. She went unnecessarily out of her way to find ways to excuse Craig's shit head behavior and to look for ways to pass the blame off to Keith and at one point even interrupted Keith to say no no no you don't really feel that way. In this regard Chemda was a bad co-host and a worse friend to Keith who was legitimately trying to explain his frustrations and his hurt feelings that his best friend of 20+ years would automatically assume Keith would go out of his way to paint him in a bad light. With Craig it is disappointing but in no way surprising. He has always had an unearned very high opinion of himself like calling himself a "psychonaut" even though there is 0 evidence that he has taken any real steps to actually learn about anything related to the mind. He's just a druggie trying to make himself look like more than he is. And good on Keith for bringing up Craig's defense of transphobia and anti-semitisim. The only reason I would want them to make up is because Keith is obviously hurting that he is fighting with his best friend.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 12:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredv1214 View Post
the most frustrating part of this episode was Chemda. Keith started the show by saying how serious he was about his feelings with all this and then she took every opportunity to belittle and deny his feelings as he was talking about the situation. She went unnecessarily out of her way to find ways to excuse Craig's shit head behavior and to look for ways to pass the blame off to Keith and at one point even interrupted Keith to say no no no you don't really feel that way. In this regard Chemda was a bad co-host and a worse friend to Keith who was legitimately trying to explain his frustrations and his hurt feelings that his best friend of 20+ years would automatically assume Keith would go out of his way to paint him in a bad light. With Craig it is disappointing but in no way surprising. He has always had an unearned very high opinion of himself like calling himself a "psychonaut" even though there is 0 evidence that he has taken any real steps to actually learn about anything related to the mind. He's just a druggie trying to make himself look like more than he is. And good on Keith for bringing up Craig's defense of transphobia and anti-semitisim. The only reason I would want them to make up is because Keith is obviously hurting that he is fighting with his best friend.

Ew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Girl, Josh, littlp and 4 others like this.
Old 08-16-2023, 12:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
Ew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your response was so fast after my post that it is obvious you did not even read it or take the time to consider anything.
Old 08-16-2023, 05:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I had to go back and relisten to the pre-show because I didnít remember anything said that was so bad, and I still didnít hear anything.
Same
Piscean and Apia resurrected like this.
Old 08-16-2023, 06:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredv1214 View Post
Your response was so fast after my post that it is obvious you did not even read it or take the time to consider anything.
Double Ew
Newsy, littlp, bluenova and 1 others like this.
Old 08-16-2023, 08:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I had to go back and relisten to the pre-show because I didn’t remember anything said that was so bad, and I still didn’t hear anything.
I honestly didn't finish half of the previous episode because I wasn't a fan of the format and Craig's audio. I just figured it wasn't for me, and continued with this one. But now I see that I may need to go back...
Old 08-17-2023, 12:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

The only bit I thought was weird about the episode was that Craig didnít mention his gf by name. Initially I didnít think much of it, as heís kept names quiet before and if sheís on the famous app maybe she didnít want personal stuff known about her. But then he mentioned her podcast and Keith brought up her name. So I thought it was odd that we can go to her podcast to find everything out about her from there, but we werenít told her name.

Other than that, anything silly said in the pre-show was clearly a joke. And then there was the after show when Chemda was specifically saying to him that he needs to calm down (my bad paraphrasing) because the stuff he says wonít be construed as being ill-intentioned because heís clearly not ill-intentioned.

It sucks that heís so worried about what people will think or misinterpret that itís caused a big argument with his bestie.
Old 08-17-2023, 04:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

This was a hard episode to listen to because I can see both sides.

In Keith's mind, he literally asked if he could post episode with the preshow and Craig said yes and that was it. I didn't listen to the preshow so I don't know if Craig had said something insane like "I want to kill my girlfriend", but I assume that Keith is a sane human being with good(ish, not counting 11pm acid) judgement so there wasn't anything a normal person would see is out of line.

So when Craig comes at Keith aggressively for posting the preshow, I can see why Keith would get angry. But if Craig is feeling like he fucked up somehow and he's calling late at night, he's also hoping for some help and basically sees his friend mocking him, so I can also understand why he'd be like 'lose my number'.

Now, I don't know if it was the tone of Keith recounting the story or if that was the tone he had during the actual conversation, but it felt like Keith kept escalating. I get that for some people, you don't want to walk away or maybe you feel like you want to get the last word in. But just as I think Craig had a legitimate reaction, so did Keith, and with no external party to try to diffuse or mediate, they just kept amping each other up and it blew up.

I don't know if things would have been different if Keith had ignored the call and the whole thing began with Chemda in the middle, or maybe it would have just happened the same way because neither side was going to back down.

I haven't listened to the latest episode, but I hope cooler heads prevail. I know the show has had some fraught relationships with long term guests for a variety of reasons, but this one doesn't feel like it should go that way.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:21 AM   #19 (permalink)

Honestly, I did jump a bit when he called her traumatized bottom bitch, especially considering the context of that trauma. To top it off, this was revealed on a comedy podcast, where she was not the one in charge of her own story.

So imagine meeting a guy on an app, having a great connection, you tell him all your complexities, he probably does the same, etc. All these heady feelings are floating around. And then he goes on a podcast, so you listen to him and his friends that you just met in passing, and as you listen, you hear him, this new guy that you like, characterize you in that way. Thatís how he sees me? Meanwhile, for him, itís just some tasteless, brash banter that he overlooked made the cut bc it wa pre-show, even if you did tell him. But it hurt her, and you aired it, so now youíre in trouble, even if heís to blame.

I personally wouldnít have read the texts of you guys fighting after all this mess on air, because itíll probably just makes things worse, and feed his ďmaking content out of your friendshipĒ argument. I hopefully hope you guys figure it out. Take it off air.
Piscean, Newsy, thirteen and 2 others like this.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I'm sure you adding this here then really helped everyone out, Savior.
jaredv1214 likes this.