Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Has the KATG show ever offended you?
Yes 16 39.02%
No 25 60.98%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree55Likes

Old 08-17-2023, 09:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Maybe? Abso-fucking-lutely
Hera Again likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 10:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
And who cares about my dead sibling, but glad you’re well.
Preeclampsia isn't just the thing that killed that girl in downtown abbey. Apparently it's still killing people.

Check your blood pressure pregnant peeps. Apparently it's not normal to go from normal to looking like the girl that turned into a blueberry overnight.
Apia resurrected likes this.
Old 08-17-2023, 11:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

No, I was never offended.
The closest it came was also about having kids.
Sometimes the way Chemda jokes about about parents in general like all parents were clueless idiots who didn't expect having kids would be work is a bit much. That's for sure true for some, but not for me for example. I always expected it to be very hard and it's still hard but less so than I expected.

But I get it. It's something she really didn't want to experience and separates herself mentally from parents as far as possible. No need to claim that I think she hates kids. She does not and I know it.
Keith likes this.
Old 08-17-2023, 11:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Oh yeah. We were there for you correcting her.

You knew she wanted your kids dead
Old 08-17-2023, 11:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Oh yeah. We were there for you correcting her.

You knew she wanted your kids dead
I'm not offended, still.
Old 08-17-2023, 11:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Good!

But we will get em eventually …
Old 08-18-2023, 12:08 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Good!

But we will get em eventually …
I'm here for it.
Keith likes this.
Old 08-18-2023, 02:10 AM   #18 (permalink)

When a catfish is in danger to get caught they always get cancer.
Keith and DeathInGrasp like this.
Old 08-18-2023, 07:43 AM   #19 (permalink)

I feel like Murf was super great, especially considering the harder topics that came up.

It's scary and hard to comment because there is such history and it's a deeper relationship. I agree giving advice is tricky, but talking about it and trying to work through the thoughts and feelings can be helpful. I feel like part of the reason Chemda and Keith; and Keith and Craig are arguing is because the right words haven't quite been found yet. I could be wrong and I'm sorry if I am and it stirs up more bad feelings. I only intend to hopefully re-frame points in a way that could help.

I feel the pain point for Keith is he had a very good, and long term friend make a character accusation that was painful because it's coming from someone that Keith feels should know his intentions. Craig is saying Keith maliciously put it up to purposefully hurt Craig, which is a shock to Keith because that was not what Keith was feeling and, to Keith, Craig should know he would not do or want to do that because they are such close friends. In fact, the reality is that Craig is one of the few people he would take the show down for when he recognizes a serious need from his friend. This is why the apology isn't right for Keith, it holds onto the idea that Keith wanted to fuck with Craig in knowingly serious way. Keith has expressed being okay with acknowledging he's made a mistake, but it's his friend assuming his feelings and thoughts were to hurt is the point he needs addressed. It hurts when your friend makes a comment that feels like they don't know you and are ignoring everything about you throughout your years in friendship in order to cling to a thought that protects themselves.

Chemda has a valid point that I think wasn't quite getting through, and I think Keith's picking on it to an extent and his counter argument is also not quite making it through. When Keith receives a comment from someone that is a serious accusation, but from what Keith sees as a ridiculous logic, he escalates his response to be ridiculous. It's Keith's shorthand way of expressing what you're saying is super wrong. Keith is right that Craig should be aware of this, but Chemda is also correct that sometimes this doesn't read the same to someone in text, that someone in a bad space will want you to read their mind(and know they can't deal with that at the moment), and also that treating someone how you want to be treated is not actually the right thing to do sometimes. They have experienced this in different ways, like when one person drives they might not want to be entertained where another person would. Or when someone is complaining, they might just want you to listen and not try to fix it. I feel like Chemda is trying to say this is like that. Again, Keith is coming from a good place, but it doesn't mean it feels good to the other person. So treating someone the way you want to be treated is fine until you notice it's not what they need, or they express it's not what they need; then you need to adjust. It seems Craig can't see and voice this yet, so Chemda is trying to from her observation.

It's tough because we are missing Craig's voice. It wasn't long ago where Craig heard his own comments being read before and he realized what he said wasn't being said and understood right. It does feel though that something very serious and bad happened on Craig's end when he heard that specific comment on the pre-show and he reacted from a place of panic. Sometimes our brains try to protect ourselves by trying to spread the blame. He wished Keith would have had a psychic friend connection to know so this could have been avoided, and maybe his brain changed that to "should have known". If Keith should have known, then this is not all on Craig....but this now means it was a purposeful attack on Craig. Now Craig is hurt that his friend did this "on purpose". Keith's usual responses might add to this feeling because they seem they are also dismissive of Craig's feelings, but are not because he doesn't value how Craig feels. It's because the concept Keith would do this is what Keith doesn't agree with.

This is really rough Keith. Chemda, I think you're doing great trying to navigate what you can do while being supportive and honest. I'm sending mental hugs to you both.
rodimusprime and PippaMags like this.
Old 08-18-2023, 12:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

This was a show for the ages!