Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Like Tree4Likes

Old 12-19-2006, 07:16 PM   #101 (permalink)
mkl

I didn't like the way this worked out...Keith just ended up sounding like a pretentious jerk.
After the weed thing, when Keith said that Max might be an actor *someday*, that was pretty low. Much worse than Max saying "we" about something related to the show.
I thought Max handled the whole thing rather well.

I think Keith & Chemda owe someone an apology.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #102 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

113 replies in less than a day ; 2000 something views

havent listened to the show but whatever they said, it's stirred up some shit

damn i gotta catch up now

/just sayin
Old 12-19-2006, 08:51 PM   #103 (permalink)

What the fuck?

Keith, I love the freaking show but, damn what the fuck? Max has always been an awesome freaking guest on the show and to set him up like that... I would have bitch slapped you and hauled ass, but Max stayed and responded alot better than I would have and after the break you guys come back and you and Chemda are laughing what too much at his comment. I hope he comes back on show again and maybe gets a fucking apology from your ass!
Will
Old 12-19-2006, 08:54 PM   #104 (permalink)

My own Tele-communications dramas

OK, so I am new, but have been listening on and off for about 6 months. I usually quit for a while when I start talking like a New Yorker and freak people out with my immoral ranting (this is stranger than it sounds, as I'm from Australia...Thx guys). I'm sure there's a better place to post this, but could I be uckfed to search the site right now? No I could not...

Anyways, in the same line as the video/Dvd ranting on today's show, I thought I would begin by sharing my story about our TV viewing when I was little. This is one of those stories that every single person who knows me can tell in detail (since I repeat myself often), and everyone gives me endless shit over it. So now I will relate it to you... awww

Ahem:

Firstly, you need a brief understanding of TV in Australia. Until recently (like, 10 years ago I guess) we didn't have pay TV AT ALL. You couldn't pay for it if you wanted to, not even like that weird set rental/tax thingy they have in the UK (with the possible exception of SKY sports and satellite stuff, but only bars had that kinda thing). So, what we had were 4 (later 5) free-to-air channels, one Govt owned, a lot like the BBC, the others commercial, but still free (and crammed with Ads).

So, what WE had was this old shitebox Rankarena thing. We couldn't afford a new TV for various reasons (mainly because Mum was either drinking Dad's pay or popping out a new baby. *yea!*) and I swear to God that it was the same TV my Dad's parents bought in the 50's when TV first went to air. (In fact, another story goes that they actually bought the TV about 4 years before they had reception in their area, and got all kinds of kudos for being the first family in town with a TV. Except they couldn't use it. Stoopid.) Being so old it only got reception on two bands to start with, so we only got two channels. Worse, it was black and white (of course) but most of the time was acutally green (being so ancient and crap). But this wasn't where the crapulence stopped - oh, no.

The thing was that the TV didn't actually have any sound anymore. At some point the speaker (yes, note that lack of plural) blew, and was never fixed. But my Dad had this ingenious system rigged up based on the fortunate circumstance where one of the channels happened to have sound broadcast on the Am radio band. How, I do not know, but we managed to pick up pretty decent sound out of his old clock radio (again circa 1950's, it had those little flippy-numbers going on, and seemed to be made of baka-lite...). This, of course, meant we had only one channel at the best of times, and since we only had one alarm clock, the radio had to be re-tuned in every single day, and the clock taken back to my parents room to be used as an alarm each night. (Way to make do and multi-task. Yea! Try getting up at 7am and trying to watch Sesame Street with no sound. Not as fun as you might think, I assure you.)

Needless to say that even had the TV had the ability to connect to a video player (which i seriously doubt), we couldn't afford one. But throughout my childhood I also missed out on such classics as The Simpsons, X-Files, Friends (ok, I don't regret that) and various other quality programs that I am now forced to watch in retrospect (trust me, nothing will ever be as funny as it was in the 90's.)

Yay! Popped my K&TG cherry... "woo" anyone?

Em
Old 12-19-2006, 09:18 PM   #105 (permalink)

I was exhausted after that first half hour.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:48 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminolewill
Keith, I love the freaking show but, damn what the fuck? Max has always been an awesome freaking guest on the show and to set him up like that... I would have bitch slapped you and hauled ass, but Max stayed and responded alot better than I would have and after the break you guys come back and you and Chemda are laughing what too much at his comment. I hope he comes back on show again and maybe gets a fucking apology from your ass!
Will
Welcome to the forums. And FUUUUCK YOOOUUUUU!

This thread's really brought listeners out of the woodwork, hasn't it?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:49 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmerage
OK, so I am new, but have been listening on and off for about 6 months. ...........Yay! Popped my K&TG cherry... "woo" anyone?

Em
FUUUUCK YOOOUUU!!!! Welcome .

Wow, two in as many minutes. Is that a record?
Old 12-19-2006, 11:12 PM   #108 (permalink)

omg i almost cried. And then I almost called MichaelG to say "OMG!@$$ OH NOES and WTF?" I think this sucked more than Keeping It Real parts 1 and 2 put together.

Keith sounded harsh, but i think it was in that misunderstood Keith way. He states things matter-of-factly, laying down examples so Max can see where he's coming from, and it comes out as sounding like "You suck in THIS way and THIS way and these FIVE OTHER WAYS" Kudos to Max. And man, i could hear the silent cringing Chemda in the corner, it seemed.

And, I think the gay Max jokes have just been coompletely exhausted. DING!

Glad that we all kissed and made up tho!
Old 12-19-2006, 11:36 PM   #109 (permalink)

I like the serious episodes. A lot of this "Keith and the Girl" empire is basically listening in on their day to day lives. And with the funny comes the serious.

Cest la vie
Old 12-19-2006, 11:50 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali
Keith sounded harsh, but i think it was in that misunderstood Keith way. He states things matter-of-factly, laying down examples so Max can see where he's coming from, and it comes out as sounding like "You suck in THIS way and THIS way and these FIVE OTHER WAYS" Kudos to Max.
At one time I had three bosses. One of them (that has since been booted) was very matter-of-fact in her way with dealing with employees, and she was generally thought of as a cold bitch. Another is very vague about a lot of her critcism, does everything she can to avoid stepping on toes, and goes to great lengths to get you to do something for her w/o actually coming out and asking you to do it. She thinks it should be your idea. (Please, you're my employer, just TELL me.) I personally appreciated the "bitch" a lot more because you knew where you stood with her, you knew what to expect, and there were no questions about it. She wasn't mean, she was just efficient, I guess is how I'd put it. (The third boss is the best one to work for, but sadly she's not my direct supervisor anymore, and I hardly have any contact with her.)

That's sort of the way I see Keith. He doesn't mess around -- if something is bothering him, he comes right out with it. It's off-putting sometimes, but at least you know where he's coming from and you don't have to read between the lines.

And yes, kudos to Max for not kissing Keith's ass.

~Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.