Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Like Tree4Likes

Old 12-19-2006, 09:33 AM   #31 (permalink)

I'm surprised Chemda was so quiet throughout Keith's rant and Max's reaction. I could understand that Max felt ambushed not only by Keith, but with Chemda silently watching the whole awkward, difficult situation unravel.
After the break it felt a little forced too, to get things back on track.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:41 AM   #32 (permalink)

Max, I'm behind you 100%. (Not too close, mind.)

The next time Max is on -- and I hope there will be a next time -- I expect to hear him say the following richly deserved words:

"Keith, I accept your apology."
Old 12-19-2006, 09:45 AM   #33 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Holy shit that was the most awkward thing I have ever listened to. I was cringing in my car. Hope everything is really cool, but I know I personally would not have been able to be as gracious as Max was.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:06 AM   #34 (permalink)

ouch

max sounds a bit fake and subtley condescending, but i like him when i take him at face value. (meaning, assuming he's being totally honest.)

he really did sound hurt.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:22 AM   #35 (permalink)

max is not sio innocent

ity's funny that max has a problem with people knowing he buys weed, but he's OK with al the racist shit that comes out of HIS mouth.

He is says the foulest things of all the guests except maybe Deuce.

Spooky is dissappointingly racist too.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:32 AM   #36 (permalink)

Forced?? it sounded so fake!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carew
I'm surprised Chemda was so quiet throughout Keith's rant and Max's reaction. I could understand that Max felt ambushed not only by Keith, but with Chemda silently watching the whole awkward, difficult situation unravel.
After the break it felt a little forced too, to get things back on track.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:56 AM   #37 (permalink)

sorry to make so many osts. i should listen thru first and itemize.

i can't leave a comment in itunes for you either. i am in NJ. every other random podcast works fine.!
Old 12-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #38 (permalink)

tune in tomorrow...

I'm really curious what they'll say about this on the next show, or if Max will be back any time soon. It's a real cliffhanger.

When people are married, it's common for others to say, you really don't know what's going on between them in private. No matter how close you are to them, you never really know.

I don't think we really know what's going on with Max and Keith and Chemda. I'm not saying anyone's right and anyone's wrong -- I don't think we know. Most (all?) of Keith's complaints were about things that happened off the air.

My reaction was pretty much the same as a lot of other people's. I thought that Max was far and away the most sympathetic one. I don't mean that I'm convinced Max was right, or that he was wrong, just that it came off that way in the moment while I was listening.

I was surprised, because Max is kind of cocky, and sometimes that chafes for me a little bit. I had read about the general gist of the show here on the forums before I listened, and was sort of thinking, aha, this guy's going to get deflated a little.

But when I was listening, I felt really bad for him. It seemed wrong, and mean in an unneccessary and unfunny way.

The thing that Max did, that only one person in a hundred would have done in that situation, is pretty amazing. He didn't counter attack. He didn't say, well, all of these things you do bug me. He just said, I think that what you're saying here is unfair, and it hurts me. There is no other response he could have made that would have made him seem more sympathetic, or Keith less. Max played a bad hand about as well as possible.

The question I have for the next show is pretty simple. Do they regret doing that on the air? I could see it going both ways. Keith could feel that it needed to be done, and if people are a little miffed, well, fuck 'em, they'll get over it. Or he could feel that the negative reactions here show that it was a bad tactic -- that whatever problems he had with Max should have been addressed otherwise.

Last edited by astrashe; 12-19-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:59 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by functioncreep
sorry to make so many osts. i should listen thru first and itemize.

i can't leave a comment in itunes for you either. i am in NJ. every other random podcast works fine.!
The music store will not let me leave a post either.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:01 AM   #40 (permalink)

Yikes. Keith had some valid criticisms but calling Max out on the show was not only awkward to listen to, it seemed trashy like going on a talk show to publicize your drama instead of having an honest conversation between friends.