Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Like Tree4Likes

Old 12-19-2006, 11:05 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrashe
The question I have for the next show is pretty simple. Do they regret doing that on the air?

i think the regrettable part is that it will hang out on the internet forever. when max gets that big movie, people will be able to reference it. but then again, like i said b4 - he says some awfully racist things with no care.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:41 AM   #42 (permalink)

I found it strange how offended Keith got when Max said he would like to make money off the podcast. Howard stern pays Robin and Arnie, Opie and Anthony pay all the idiots on their show, hell David Lee Roth even paid Animal. I guess the difference comes down to who is a "guest" and who is a "co-host". I consider Patrice a co-host and someone such as Bobcat or Greg Geraldo a guest. I would like to believe that if the money came pouring in some would be allocated to some of the regular co-host such as Patrice, Max, Matt, and Spooky.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carew
I'm surprised Chemda was so quiet throughout Keith's rant and Max's reaction. I could understand that Max felt ambushed not only by Keith, but with Chemda silently watching the whole awkward, difficult situation unravel.
After the break it felt a little forced too, to get things back on track.
That was the wierdest part for me too. Actually, what I thought was weirder was the way Chemda was backing up Keith's actions in front of Max. Somehow that seemed the most awkward to me.

I felt that Keith had made an honest mistake bringing the stuff up on the show, but then he'd gotten himself into a corner and didn't know how to get out of it. He didn't want to say he'd done the wrong thing because he didn't believe he had (just made a judgement error), but he wanted to make it clear to Max that he had had good intentions. Unfortunately, they just went around in circles.

I thought Chemda would step in and try to moderate, but when she did, it almost made it feel more awkward. She affirmed Max's feelings of being blindsided, but instead of doing the same for Keith she defended his actions as opposed to feelings. I don't doubt that Chemda was trying to help and had the best intentions, but it seemed like ganging up on Max.

With all that said, I thought this was more awkward than Keeping It Real 1 or 2, probably because Max didn't fight back. When Keith says or does something, and Chemda fights back, and then Keith counters, etc., I feel like they are on even ground, but Max didn't fight, he just felt hurt.

I dunno...maybe he is to sensitive.

"Cubby is an idiot. Just look at his old posts.... Idiot. Always quoting me and fucking up the meaning..." ~ Keith

Last edited by Cubby; 12-19-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:11 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAJoe
I found it strange how offended Keith got when Max said he would like to make money off the podcast. Howard stern pays Robin and Arnie, Opie and Anthony pay all the idiots on their show, hell David Lee Roth even paid Animal. I guess the difference comes down to who is a "guest" and who is a "co-host". I consider Patrice a co-host and someone such as Bobcat or Greg Geraldo a guest. I would like to believe that if the money came pouring in some would be allocated to some of the regular co-host such as Patrice, Max, Matt, and Spooky.
I didn't take it that way at all. We listen to them every day, and to us they're big stars, but in reality, Keith just got health insurance, and it's tough for them to take a vaction over the coming break. It's not like they're swimming in cash, and hoarding it all.

Look at how they treat their friends with the clown jobs. They get them jobs, take care of them, and don't take a cut. I think that's who they are.

I might be totally off base here, but this is what I think the whole thing was about. They've created whatever the hell this thing is out of nothing. And it's even more out of nothing than most businesses, because it wasn't a pre-existing category of business. They're inventing the wheel as they go along.

That's a huge risk to take professionally - a bigger risk than most people ever take in their lives. It's a ton of work -- I've started a couple of businesses, and it's really hard. And mine were a lot easier than this one would be. They stuck with it when people around them were saying, ok, when are you going to stop fucking around and get a real job?

I mean, if Keith had gotten a job in an office, he'd have had insurance, and his knees wouldn't have hurt him every day of his life. That's the sort of shit he sacrified to chase this dream. That stuff is real, and it's a really big thing to do.

And now it's turning into something valuable. There's some celebrity there, they're making it work. Keith has his health insurance, and maybe he won't have to live with constant pain in his knees.

So what they did, I think, was sort of say, you understand that this is ours. When it's all said and done, this thing we've created belongs to us.

I don't think you can really argue with that. You can question how they did it. And I think they probably saw something in Max's attitude toward the show that either wasn't there, or that was exaggerated in their minds. I think Max understood how it was, but I don't know him, and I don't really know that, so their take on it has to be taken a lot more seriously than mine.

I mean, if we haven't taken that kind of risk ourselves, it's hard for us to say that they're too protective of what they've won. It's hard to know how we'd feel in that situation.

Last edited by astrashe; 12-19-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:11 PM   #45 (permalink)

I'm with keith...

I understand that max felt ambushed, but some times you need a reality check. Keith and Chemda even wait to talk about their day until on air because it gives topics and discussion for the show. I don't think that needs to be a surprise to any guest esp. one that's on as often as max.

I like max as a guest and it seems like the three of them are really good friends. But, I totally understand why keith would feel very awkward about the "we" it might have been a better idea for him to bring it up sooner so it wasn't such a big deal, but I think the fact that he was worried about bringing it up just shows how much he cares.

I guess my point is just that I don't think keith or chemda should feel bad about saying it on the show, if anything, maybe they should feel bad about letting it build up to a "list". I too was cringing because the whole situation felt uncomfortable, but it doesn't seem like anyone is thinking about how uncomfortable keith and chemda must have felt before bringing up the situation to max.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #46 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrashe
I didn't take it that way at all. We listen to them every day, and to us they're big stars, but in reality, Keith just got health insurance, and it's tough for them to take a vaction over the coming break. It's not like they're swimming in cash, and hoarding it all.

Look at how they treat their friends with the clown jobs. They get them jobs, take care of them, and don't take a cut. I think that's who they are.

I might be totally off base here, but this is what I think the whole thing was about. They've created whatever the hell this thing is out of nothing. And it's even more out of nothing than most businesses, because it wasn't a pre-existing category of business. They're inventing the wheel as they go along.

That's a huge risk to take professionally - a bigger risk than most people ever take in their lives. It's a ton of work -- I've started a couple of businesses, and it's really hard. And mine were a lot easier than this one would be. They stuck with it when people around them were saying, ok, when are you going to stop fucking around and get a real job?

I mean, if Keith had gotten a job in an office, he'd have had insurance, and his knees wouldn't have hurt him every day of his life. That's the sort of shit he sacrified to chase this dream. That stuff is real, and it's a really big thing to do.

And now it's turning into something valuable. There's some celebrity there, they're making it work. Keith has his health insurance, and maybe he won't have to live with constant pain in his knees.

So what they did, I think, was sort of say, you understand that this is ours. When it's all said and done, this thing we've created belongs to us.

I don't think you can really argue with that. You can question how they did it. And I think they probably saw something in Max's attitude toward the show that either wasn't there, or that was exaggerated in their minds. I think Max understood how it was, but I don't know him, and I don't really know that, so their take on it has to be taken a lot more seriously than mine.

I mean, if we haven't taken that kind of risk ourselves, it's hard for us to say that they're too protective of what they've won. It's hard to know how we'd feel in that situation.
w to the fucking erd
Old 12-19-2006, 12:41 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAJoe

Yeah, that was the point I was trying to make too but you phrased it much better. But now I'm totally considering astrashe's points to and those make a lot of sense too, I guess things are subjective
Old 12-19-2006, 12:48 PM   #48 (permalink)

Well since we're all taking sides here, I'll jump on Keets side.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:49 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102
Well since we're all taking sides here, I'll jump on Keets side.
Oh no, is there a New Team in the future?

Team Max?
Old 12-19-2006, 01:09 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
The music store will not let me leave a post either.
have you got an itunes store account?