Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: During sex, are you more into dominating or being submissive?
I'm more into domination, bitch! 86 49.14%
I'm more into submission, master. 89 50.86%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #71 (permalink)

Angry My brother is a half wit, thus I'm qualified to speak for them...

Just listened to this episode, and since I've lived and/or worked with tards for almost 30 years, I just have to reply to those letters. Nothing does more damage to a special needs adult, or strips them of their dignity faster, than treating them as a helpless child. Anyone that has worked with the same people long term knows that the more independent they can be, within their ability, the healthier, happier, and longer lived they will be.

Here's another news flash, they know they're retarded. They know all the jokes, and the best ones I've heard came from them. As with any joke at someone else's expense, the place that it comes from is the real issue. When I am helping with Special Olympics bowling, and I'm getting my ass handed to me by a knuckle dragging hunchback with an IQ of 60, he is rightfully laying it on thick.
"What, getting beat by a retard?"
"Who's the special one here, anyways?"
"I thought the coach was supposed to be better than the athlete."
And when the tables are turned, I give him enough respect to treat him like another human being, NOT define him by his disability, and give as good as I took. They love it, and they love me for it. The kids that I saw in the worst shape were not those that were neglected, they were the ones who weren't even allowed to tie their own shoes. Nothing pissed me off more than watching some do gooder trying to wipe my brothers ass for him, because they just assume he couldn't possibly be able to do anything for himself. Quite to the contrary, he lives on his own, plays drums despite being deaf and FAS, and handles his own day to day affairs just fine.

This is close to home for me, it's doing them a disservice and inhibiting their potential.

The Very Special Forces are great idea though, those fuckers are tough! They also often have a higher pain threshold, and they have helmets already...
Old 03-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #72 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBtch View Post
What I mean by selfish is that she is the only one having the fun. There ought to be some way he benefits from this arrangement, even if it's just watching. If he can't enter the room to get a drink without freaking her out while she's with Lauren, then that's leaving Keith out altogether. I don't actually think Lauren will compromise what is true and deep between Keith and Chemda, but if there's a shiny new toy in the room, why don't they both get to see how it works?
Again...

is it beyond you to think that Keith is not getting benefits/pleasure from Chemda getting pleasure? Compersion is the word we use for that in the polyamory community.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:50 AM   #73 (permalink)

I work with special ed kids.

And I'm not offended in the least.

Also to the first letter, Tards aren't generally allowed to breed together. That's what I was told. And I hope it's true.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:28 AM   #74 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBtch View Post
What I mean by selfish is that she is the only one having the fun. There ought to be some way he benefits from this arrangement, even if it's just watching. If he can't enter the room to get a drink without freaking her out while she's with Lauren, then that's leaving Keith out altogether. I don't actually think Lauren will compromise what is true and deep between Keith and Chemda, but if there's a shiny new toy in the room, why don't they both get to see how it works?
A guy can get off on his girl getting off just fine, he doesn't need to be present, he just needs her to tell him about how hot she got.

The point about how he shouldn't have to tiptoe around his own house is fair, but I don't think Chemda told him he wasn't allowed to come downstairs until she's done with Lauren, it's just that she was taken by surprise because her situational awareness was bad. It wasn't that she freaked out because Keith saw them, it's that she got surprised because she wasn't paying attention to the room.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
No offense to Dahonay, but if the contents of that letter are anything to go on it's lucky you had the kid, you weren't going much further up that corporate ladder.

You're right. That's why I own my own business now. Thanks for the concern.

?????
Old 03-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHonay View Post

You're right. That's why I own my own business now. Thanks for the concern.

?????
Oh and to add on...she won't say it, but that business is bringing in good bank. Just making clear Dah isn't running some mom and pop outfit here. She knows her shit and does it well.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #77 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryLavender View Post
Again...

is it beyond you to think that Keith is not getting benefits/pleasure from Chemda getting pleasure? Compersion is the word we use for that in the polyamory community.
Actually, I think it is beyond what many people can believe or conceive of.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:03 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
I've never spent any time on the forums, but I've been listening since around show 100 and I went to the LA live show. So, even though I haven't been here, I think I deserve some cred.

Having said that, I was pretty disappointed when I listened to "Keith and the girls". I thought "well, it's over". I agree with BrianAlt- I don't think it can work. Chemda isn't just doing Lauren, they're developing a relationship. I think at some point she'll have to choose between Keith and Lauren and no matter who she chooses, it's going to create bad feelings.

I've never seen anything like this work long-term. But hell, maybe this is a first.

Last edited by devarshib; 03-30-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:10 AM   #79 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
And what's more Chemda goes out to brunch with her girl (and gay) friends.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #80 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshib View Post
I've never spent any time on the forums, but I've been listening since around show 100 and I went to the LA live show. So, even though I haven't been here, I think I deserve some cred.

Having said that, I was pretty disappointed when I listened to "Keith and the girls". I thought "well, it's over". I agree with BrianAlt- I don't think it can work. Chemda isn't just doing Lauren, they're developing a relationship. I think at some point she'll have to choose between Keith and Lauren and no matter who she chooses, it's going to create bad feelings.

I've never seen anything like this work long-term. But hell, maybe this is a first.

Not a first... I've had a wife and a husband for almost 7 years... It works beautifully... and no, she doesn't have to choose...