Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are the fat groups mentioned simply perpetuatiing fat behavior?
Yes; quit acting like your fat problem is really MY problem. 142 92.81%
No; in fact, we are being insensitive to the issues of the fat. 11 7.19%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2009, 12:52 PM   #111 (permalink)

I just wanted to say that was one of the best shows yet, Mr. Internet needs to be invited back. Keep up the great shows!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #112 (permalink)
moe

Swine Flu Revenge

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/203/5...aebca876_o.jpg
Old 05-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #113 (permalink)

This was a great episode! Mr. Internet is brilliant and Pat Dixon always comes through with the laughy-laughs. More!
Old 05-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #114 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I'm fat. Keith and those guys are right. We're not supposed to live like this. I've lost 36 lbs since January. Episodes like this keep me motivated to go to the gym and keep eating healthier. Can't be mad about that. Sometimes tough love is needed.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #115 (permalink)

I got through page 4 before giving up.
Just wanted to say, as a tattoo enthusiast and grammar nazi, i am super digging mr. internet's knuckle tattoos. aces babillion.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:38 AM   #116 (permalink)

Have you heard about the new fad diet, that I just invented. It's called the "Not as much you fat fuck diet".

You heard of the cabbage soup diet or the grape fruit diet. What can i eat? Whatever you like, so long as its grapefruit.

Well on my diet, What can eat?........"not as much you fat fuck"

I know some people will say "I'm big boned" or "its glandular" or "my whole family is big", for those people I've tailored a special diet - its call "not as much you STUPID fat fuck"

And some people are always going to say "but its so hard", "I try and try but I just can't do it"; well i've got a version for them - the "not as much much you WHINEY fat fuck" diet

And next time you ask "Do these jeans make me look fat"..........I dunno, how many fuckin' pairs did you eat?
“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at M.I.T.; good genes, very good genes, O.K., very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, O.K. …”
- Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States of America
Old 05-08-2009, 12:54 AM   #117 (permalink)

I voted "Yes; quit acting like your fat problem is really MY problem."

I guess as one of the resident whiney fat chicks, I should have voted the other way, and I'm probably splitting hairs, but I feel like the key is in the 'stop acting like your fat problem is my fat problem.' I think that there are a lot of people out there who are looking for someone to blame, and they try to push the responsibility for their self-hatred and discomfort onto someone else.

I had a terrible childhood, I wasn't taught to value myself and so I didn't take care of myself. I hated my body so I starved it, then I realized I needed it to live so I ignored it. I've always been enemies with myself.

Some people get positive reinforcement from the talks that Keith gives about fat people, calling them names etc. At first, I got upset because it did hurt my feelings, but I knew that I was being unreasonable.

I talked it out and the conclusion I came to is that while Keith was allowed to have his opinions about the world and the people in it, I was allowed to have my own as well. And in the case of me and my life, my opinion is more important to me than Keith's is. To some people this probably seems like a no-brainer, but to me it was an epiphany. So I can laugh at his fat jokes, and appreciate his rants with the understanding that I don't feel the same way.

Just because someone holds an opposing view to mine doesn't mean that they need to be attacked or even converted to my way of thinking. I don't always practice this, but I do believe it.

I happen to be loosing weight at the moment because I've made changes as a result of a decision I made a few years ago to finally make friends with my body. I tried to hate myself thin and it didn't work.

When I decide to use negative reinforcement on myself, it goes to a really dark place and I'm not okay there. I decided to love myself no matter what I looked like, and while I'm still not so hot at it, I've developed a genuine care for my body that I never had before.

About a year ago I kind of woke up and thought to myself 'I wouldn't do this to someone I love, I wouldn't let them rot away like this.' And what I thought about after that had everything to do with the actions I took. The healthy choices I was making had almost nothing to do with my physical appearance. I can't say 'nothing' because that's a lie, but I felt better the less I thought about looking thinner or getting thinner.

Because I remembered being thinner and still hating myself, I knew that weight loss wasn't going to make me feel better about who I was in the long run, but if I went into creating healthy habits because I already liked who I was and already had at least the desire for self preservation, I'd probably do a lot better.

It was really slow going, and people have been commenting on my changing appearance, which has actually been pretty difficult for me. I don't want to sound like a whiner, but people complimenting me on my looks makes me really nervous, and I start to feel horrible. I think it reminds me of a lot of my motivators from when I was anorexic, and it reminds me of a lot of my motivators for hating myself to the extent that I did for not being attractive-which was an excuse to mistreat and neglect my health and body even further.

I don't like it that weight has had a place in my life to such an extent and for so long, and it's caused my perception to bend around it. I don't know if the entire world always thinks in terms of fat and thin, but because of my experience of being fat, I do. Obviously I'm trying to make it count for less in my life, but habits are hard to break, especially habits of perception.