Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are the fat groups mentioned simply perpetuatiing fat behavior?
Yes; quit acting like your fat problem is really MY problem. 142 92.81%
No; in fact, we are being insensitive to the issues of the fat. 11 7.19%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldyminerva View Post
I don't think people who kill themselves care anymore that society rejects them.

I'll phrase it better in the future.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldyminerva View Post
I don't think people who kill themselves care anymore that society rejects them.
Regards to fat people, society tends to be incredibly welcoming when they change. As you've seen, I usually complement people who lose weight.

Fattyism isn't an out-and-out rejection, like racism.

I'd never compliment an Asian.

Last edited by dzagama; 04-29-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: added lohl.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #53 (permalink)

first, Im not lumping disabled, black and fat people together. I am lumping the treatment towards them together and the feelings behind that treatment.

Also, Every person kills themselves or puts their life at risk with the countless choices they make each and every day. Being fat puts your life at risk, so does driving a car. A motercycle even more so. But those choices that others made are not yours. So why do you care?

Besides, this earth is getting overpopulated as it is. So .instead of getting worked up about it, if someone makes a choice that is unhealthy you can just look the other way, smile, and think about that extra parking space that may be open for you next time.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauny11 View Post
Fat is as fat does.......you down a 24 of beer dozen donuts on a daily basis don't be surprised to be fat. I myself have a thyroid disorder that should make me fat doesn't so don't alll go usin that excuse either. I should be 200 lbs....but I'm only 125. Get off your asses, put down the powdered donuts and Twinkies.....and do something about it.

I don't care that your dog died and blah blah blah you are feeding your pain.....bullshit. Get on a diet, get out and walk and shut the hell up!!!!

Shauny
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBtch View Post
With the exception of people who are fat from disorders (thyroid, for example), fat is a side-effect of lazy and poor habits. Get your ass to the gym, put down the donut, and shut the fuck up.

I am fat. I have done just this. I will not blame anyone but myself for what caused me to get this way, and I congratulate no one but myself for changing my habits.
Listening to this episode reminds me of a time I went into a woman's clothing store in Brooklyn.... I was looking to purchase a sweater and I remember asking the woman at the counter (a very large woman) to show me where the sweaters were ,,,she looked me up and down and said "we don't carry your size" and she giggled. I would have politely said thank you and left if she didn't laugh but I had to say out loud: "oh this is a fat store...sorry" I walked straight out of the store and didn't turn around.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #55 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanManatee View Post
first, Im not lumping disabled, black and fat people together. I am lumping the treatment towards them together and the feelings behind that treatment.

Also, Every person kills themselves or puts their life at risk with the countless choices they make each and every day. Being fat puts your life at risk, so does driving a car. A motercycle even more so. But those choices that others made are not yours. So why do you care?.
I don't and that's exactly my point. If somebody asks me what i think about special interest groups, i say that i dont care about any group, and i think that everyone should be treated with equal indifference. So if somebody who made a bad choice asks for help or compassion, i don't see why i should give it to them. That's about it. I don't hate or get worked up about fat (or whatever) people's feelings. I just dont care about them.

And, again, i dont want to sound tough or nasty, i'mk just voicing my opinion (blow me dzagama, that wasn't an apology)
Old 04-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzagama View Post
Regards to fat people, society tends to be incredibly welcoming when they change. As you've seen, I usually complement people who lose weight.

Fattyism isn't an out-and-out rejection, like racism.

I'd never compliment an Asian.
If you met me on the street, you'd still think I was a fatty, not knowing how much I've lost. If I tell people, who have never had to struggle with their weight, that I had surgery in order to loose the weight, then they think I "took the easy way out". It wouldn't matter if i told them that I was on a year long low calorie diet, supervised by my doctor, and i worked out for an hour 5 times a week and only lost 50 pounds in that year. Sugery is still considered somehow cheating.

If you have never been fat, you don't understand the out and out rejection that happens. The snide comments that people say, the dirty looks, etc. I'm now more of an "exceptable" fat person, and the differance is amazing from when i was 350 pounds to now.

I know i shouldn't open this door into my life, i'm too sensitive. I know that this is just the flavor of the day, and that's fine. But if you've never been there then you don't know what it's like to feel the out and out hatrad.

(insert something witty here)
Old 04-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #57 (permalink)

Junkenstein, we are on the same page then I guess. I don't like any special interest group really. My only beef is with the mean comments I have seen here. You don't have to care about anything if you don't want. Take horses for example...those big four legged animals trot around all day like they are king of the animal world. But I'm not one to hold up a bottle of Elmer's glue in their face and laugh at them. Maybe once I did, but that Equine son of a bitch had it coming.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #58 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I hate horses so i agree with your point. Long faced fuckers.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:47 AM   #59 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I really loved the dynamic of "Mr. Internet" and Pat Dixon on the same show. That was awesome.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #60 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
I think what everyone is missing is the fact that fat people are real people. Maybe they do have emotional issues or are just weak people or maybe it is hereditary. Who cares what the reason is. Why do you all feel the need to pick on them and hurt them? DO you really think you are telling them things they don't already know? Insulting them doesn't do anything but make you feel better about yourself.
Did you hear the show before you typed?

They're doing something very bad, these pigs. They're saying being fat is okay. It's not okay. At all.

Quote:
Do you attack the disabled? blacks? anyone who you don't like?
Later you say you're not comparing blacks and disabled to being fat, but do you understand that's exactly what you did?

Quote:
I just don't see the reason behind the hatred I see in this thread. These people are not shoving donuts in your face and making you live their life. I guess my main point is you don't have to like it or support it, but attacking people based on their weight is no different than attacking people because they are black, or Hispanic. Even if the reason they are what they are is different...the reason you attack them is not. It's because you just don't like them. Same reason people are racist.

For the record no I am not fat because I know that will be the first thing said.
And that you just did it again?

I really don't think you heard the show. Or if you did you were too angry to listen. Is that what we did? We just started picking on fat people? Or did we complain first about the stupidity of these specific marshmallow pigs?

Your friends disgust me. You can tell them I said that. Just get ready to duck from all the cookie crumbs when they respond.

P.S. I hope your fat pig friends never pick on skinny chicks and THEIR emotional problems. What'd they ever do to THEM?