Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are the fat groups mentioned simply perpetuatiing fat behavior?
Yes; quit acting like your fat problem is really MY problem. 142 92.81%
No; in fact, we are being insensitive to the issues of the fat. 11 7.19%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #61 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dzagama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pacinian corpuscle.
Posts: 1,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
(blow me dzagama
It's like you're reading my mind.

fatty.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #62 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,784
You got me i'm morbidly apologetic, i want a special interest group. We will circle jerk, and do group hugs together.

Now blow me.

PS: Hey, i want to hear the spookster's point of view on the issue! Where's his 3 page post? Damn australian time-zone...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:21 AM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Wonky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 35
I think we're all pretty clear on what Spooky has to say on this topic. Fat = weak = eat more fucking chicken, fattie.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #64 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
UrbanManatee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10
Scathing remarks keith...to be honest no I have not gotten to listen to the show yet. So sort of blindly posting. I know, not the best.

You should read what you quoted from me better though. Where I said

"attacking people based on their weight is no different than attacking people because they are black, or Hispanic. Even if the reason they are what they are is different...the reason you attack them is not. It's because you just don't like them. Same reason people are racist."

I'm trying to say that the pure hate towards them is the same. They are being discriminated and hated exactly in the same fashion as racism. Feeling the same effects. The only difference is you feel it is almost your duty to hate them for some reason. They are treated the same, not they are the same.

I will listen to the show and check back here in a while, but your statement "they feel being fat is okay. it is not okay. At all" I will have to say you are wrong their. Being fat is just fine if they want to be that way. If they like it then who the fuck cares. I understand YOU being fat is not ok, to you. And that is fine. Others might say drinking heavily every day is not okay, you are destroying your liver and will die sooner. But if you want to live you life like you do go for it. God knows I drink enough as well.

Like I said though I will listen and check back in later today. I cant really discus where you are coming from without hearing what you said today first to be fair.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #65 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dzagama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pacinian corpuscle.
Posts: 1,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonky View Post
I think we're all pretty clear on what Spooky has to say on this topic. Fat = weak = eat more fucking chicken, fattie.
and sheep.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:29 AM   #66 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Daemonik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 372
Okay, here's the really truly important issue in this whole debate. Bettie Page is NOT FAT. She's damn hot.

Here's another thing, fat girls like goth, fat girls like rockabilly, fat girls like rock, punk, ska, chess, nerds, whathefuckevah! If there's an identifiable cultural group (other than anorexics or die hard gym goers, let's be realistic) then there are likely to be a bunch of fat girls and guys involved with it.

Just like in what some would call 'normal' life, most cliques and sub-groups have at best 5% beautiful people, at BEST. This is followed by successively less attractive steps down the ladder.
__________________
I'm still alive.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
P.S. I hope your fat pig friends never pick on skinny chicks and THEIR emotional problems. What'd they ever do to THEM?
Just for the record, I don't pick on skinny chicks at all or their emotional problems. I have many friends who are very skinny who get a lot of crap for being skinny. Woman treat them like crap and call them anoroxic and they sit there wishing they could weigh more then 95 pounds. It goes both ways.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:37 AM   #68 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Shauny11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 0
I've been on both ends of the spectrum.......and they both suck.
But suck it up buttercup and live with it.....LOL
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #69 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dzagama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pacinian corpuscle.
Posts: 1,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldyminerva View Post
Just for the record, I don't pick on skinny chicks at all or their emotional problems. I have many friends who are very skinny who get a lot of crap for being skinny. Woman treat them like crap and call them anoroxic and they sit there wishing they could weigh more then 95 pounds. It goes both ways.
And that's the point.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #70 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BrownEyedBtch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonky View Post
Seems to me that being overweight indicates an eating disorder just like being underweight does. I doubt many people can just deal with the physical without first/concurrently dealing with the emotional reasons they overeat.
That is true. That is why weight loss programs like Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers work on physical, mental and emotional gain as part of a successful program. As long as you don't believe you are worth more, you will continue to pile on pounds because you deserve to be fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonky View Post
What's wrong with accepting fat people the way they are? Someone's weight doesn't seem like a very good reason to reject them.
The way someone looks is a direct reflection of how they regard themselves. It's as if someone is going to a job interview dressed in stained, wrinkled, nasty clothes. If you don't care about the impression you are making on me, then I don't care to know any more about you.

Also, ever notice how fat people can be assholes because they are prejudging you before you have a had a chance to even speak to them? I am one of the least judgemental people I know, and I usually don't look at people below the neck, but there are a lot of really bitter, angry people who automatically think, "I am going to cut you off before you have a chance to be mean to me about being fat."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzagama View Post
Regards to fat people, society tends to be incredibly welcoming when they change. As you've seen, I usually complement people who lose weight.
Of course. People like comebacks. People are willing to forgive those who have seen the errors of their ways and are making efforts to better themselves every day. Unfortunately, unless people have some sort of before picture to compare to, they still only see a fat person, not a progressively healthy person. But that is up to the individual to get over the perception, because you will never be able to control what someone else says or thinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldyminerva View Post
If you met me on the street, you'd still think I was a fatty, not knowing how much I've lost. If I tell people, who have never had to struggle with their weight, that I had surgery in order to loose the weight, then they think I "took the easy way out". It wouldn't matter if i told them that I was on a year long low calorie diet, supervised by my doctor, and i worked out for an hour 5 times a week and only lost 50 pounds in that year. Sugery is still considered somehow cheating.

If you have never been fat, you don't understand the out and out rejection that happens. The snide comments that people say, the dirty looks, etc. I'm now more of an "exceptable" fat person, and the differance is amazing from when i was 350 pounds to now.

I know i shouldn't open this door into my life, i'm too sensitive. I know that this is just the flavor of the day, and that's fine. But if you've never been there then you don't know what it's like to feel the out and out hatrad.
There are few people in this world who are as discriminated against as fat people. I even posted an article a couple of weeks ago about United Airlines wanting to charge people to fly by the pound. There are stares, snickers, comments, and the judgement is harsh. Do you know how painful it is to go out for lunch or dinner and not be able to have the meal I want because people will stare at me with the "shouldn't you be eating a carrot and drinking water, fatty?" look? Seats are small, great clothes don't come in plus sizes, and I have seen restaurants go out of their way to not sit fat people by the front door or by the most trafficked area (not because of space needed, but because of front door appeal). It is a harsh world for fat people.

Fat people need to either deal with it or do something about it. If you deal with it, you are simply helping death come sooner, and therefore send out the message that you do not care about any part of yourself. If you do something about it, you send the message that you are worth more and deserve more, and are willing to work for your results, and you are acknowledged for it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger