Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #321 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cretaceous Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,357
Whoah, I guess I lied, I actually went and read that: smoking habit? And you fucking dare say you care about the music?

I hope a bus rapes you.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:15 PM   #322 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
greggcarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: carrickfergus, northern ireland
Posts: 309
If its the choice between buying a well known bands cd for 10-15 or going out with friends and getting it for free the next day I would say tats a pretty easy choice.

Don't get all high and mighty just because you pay for the music, it does not mean you enjoy it any more or care more, any chance I get to see a band I go and I spend money at the merch table, that contributes a lot more to supporting them than buying albums, its a fact, bands only get a very small cut of album sales, most is paid to them in an advance upon contract signing (unless they are a small or independent band but I already said I make exceptions for them), but of course you are just going to turn round and use the same line of I don't really care so why do i bother to explain myself.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #323 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cretaceous Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,357
Dude, I buy the albums AND more merch than you do. I'm giving them more money on the only stuff you buy, and I'm giving them the money you're STEALING.

And obviously it proves you don't give a shit when you'd rather get high.

But you don't have a problem with stealing, simply because they don't make as much money on what you're stealing as something else.

I don't see how sacrificing how much money I spend hanging out with friends and on my habits just so I can give more money to artists doesn't show that I value their contributions more. In fact, I think that's the very essence of caring period.

I hope someone steals every pair of headphones you ever buy.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:08 PM   #324 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dzagama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pacinian corpuscle.
Posts: 1,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
I hope someone steals every pair of headphones you ever buy.
Really?

I, for one, hope all of greggcarson's children are female!! *bang*
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #325 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,781
and again dzagama writes a reply that i know it's genius. But as in real genius, i'll have to read it a few times, before i understand it. It's late now and i've slept 6 hours in 3 days. So dzagama i'll give you a rotfl on trust. I know i'll get it when i'm well rested.

I know it doesnt sound so but it's a compliment.

By the way greggcarson. Support the good bands. If you dont want to buy albums go to the show or download em on itunes, especially if they're indipendent. That's one of the small steps that could make this world a little less more tolerable, for people like me who consider music as necessary as air...

Last edited by Junkenstein; 04-19-2009 at 04:16 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #326 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dzagama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pacinian corpuscle.
Posts: 1,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
and agin dzagama writes a reply that i know it's genius. But as in real genius, i'll have to read it a few times, before i understand it. It's late now and i've slept 6 hours in 3 days. So dzagama i'll give you a rotfl on trust. I know i'll get it when i'm well rested.

I know it doesnt sound so but it's a compliment.
pshaw, I'm just raising the stakes.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #327 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
greggcarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: carrickfergus, northern ireland
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Dude, I buy the albums AND more merch than you do. I'm giving them more money on the only stuff you buy, and I'm giving them the money you're STEALING.

And obviously it proves you don't give a shit when you'd rather get high.

But you don't have a problem with stealing, simply because they don't make as much money on what you're stealing as something else.

I don't see how sacrificing how much money I spend hanging out with friends and on my habits just so I can give more money to artists doesn't show that I value their contributions more. In fact, I think that's the very essence of caring period.

I hope someone steals every pair of headphones you ever buy
I don't see downloading an albm as stealing, if i stole and album it would mean i actually took i from someone, for example walking into a shop and taking it. I hope you can see there is a big difference between me downloading an album and stealing someone headphones.

Also my "Smoking habit" did not mean weed, just normal cigarettes, weed is a luxury I rarely pay for.

I also didn't say you didn't care, my point was just because I don't buy the albums doesn't mean I don't care, I support them where I can best, by going to see shows, I wouldn't be into half the bands I am now or have went to half the shows if it wasn't for downloading albums or someone giving me a copy of the CD.

People always will trade music, first there was tape trading, then people would copy CDs for a friend now that has just taken the next step. I know I have traded CDs, if you have a problem with downloading albums then you also have to be against many other things such as copied DVDs, unofficial guitar tabs, second hand CD stores, selling CDs/DVDs on ebay.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #328 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,781
Dont deny your wit, sir. talkents like yours should be cultivated and lauded...

I'm thinking of a Team Dzagama...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:24 PM   #329 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dzagama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pacinian corpuscle.
Posts: 1,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I'm thinking of a Team Dzagama...
Ew, fuck no. I'll cut your throat (respectfully). Just be sure to get sick sometime, and make sure the hospital uses my products. I'll let you know when we IPO.

Last edited by dzagama; 04-20-2009 at 03:51 AM. Reason: in the name of our heavenly father.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #330 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cretaceous Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggcarson View Post
I don't see downloading an albm as stealing, if i stole and album it would mean i actually took i from someone, for example walking into a shop and taking it. I hope you can see there is a big difference between me downloading an album and stealing someone headphones.
I hope you can see there is a big difference between not listening to a CD because you can't afford it and taking the product because you can't afford it. You're stealing, thief. By downloading it you're simply not fucking the artist and label EXTRA, instead of normal. But you're still fucking them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggcarson View Post
Also my "Smoking habit" did not mean weed, just normal cigarettes, weed is a luxury I rarely pay for.
Cigarettes is even dumber than weed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggcarson View Post
I also didn't say you didn't care, my point was just because I don't buy the albums doesn't mean I don't care, I support them where I can best, by going to see shows, I wouldn't be into half the bands I am now or have went to half the shows if it wasn't for downloading albums or someone giving me a copy of the CD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggcarson View Post
Don't get all high and mighty just because you pay for the music, it does not mean you enjoy it any more or care more
You're misquoting yourself. Your point was that you care just as much as me. That's factually fucking false. Fuck you. You're a delusional dickhead if you think you're on anywhere near a genuine level of devotion to the artists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggcarson View Post
People always will trade music, first there was tape trading, then people would copy CDs for a friend now that has just taken the next step. I know I have traded CDs, if you have a problem with downloading albums then you also have to be against many other things such as copied DVDs, unofficial guitar tabs, second hand CD stores, selling CDs/DVDs on ebay.
Oh, yeah, you know, because tape trading was as accessible as the internet. You totally have a point. Oh, and I guess if crime is rampant it's totally fine. Quick people, let's all kick in our neighbors car windows and then attribute it to human nature because we're all doing it, even though we very fucking clearly can go without doing so.

And seriously? You're comparing guitar tabs to fucking stealing the whole product? That's pathetic.

I don't like second hand CD stores too much, but people should have a right to sell what they own, so I don't care. But people don't have a right to steal what they don't own, fucker.

And yes, I have a problem with copied DVDs, asshole.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger