Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/index.php)
-   Talk Shite (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ask A Cripple (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10274)

NoArmsJames 05-29-2008 04:16 PM

Ask A Cripple
 
I saw this on another forum years ago and thought it was a funny idea.

Here's your chance to ask a cripple (me) anything you want.

I will answer anything honestly.

Grapist 05-29-2008 04:19 PM

Do you use a speech reco application to interact with your computer? If so, which one?

NoArmsJames 05-29-2008 04:21 PM

No. I have one small left leg and foot and I use that to type. I've always found speech recognition software (Dragon Dictate, etc...) to slow me down.

Grapist 05-29-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoArmsJames (Post 402947)
No. I have one small left leg and foot and I use that to type. I've always found speech recognition software (Dragon Dictate, etc...) to slow me down.



Yeah, even though Nuance (Dragon) is supposed to be the best all speech reco is still very dependant on the environment (background noise etc).

Ok, so you say you type with your foot, is that with a standard keyboard or do you have one of those alternative kiosks (Such as the one Madentch offers I forget its name)?

Dodges Bullets 05-29-2008 04:32 PM

Have you ever used your disability for evil?

Have you ever used it to prank someone. (my midget cousin likes to hide in luggage/ other peoples' sleeping bags)

NoArmsJames 05-29-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grapist (Post 402948)
Yeah, even though Nuance (Dragon) is supposed to be the best all speech reco is still very dependant on the environment (background noise etc).

Ok, so you say you type with your foot, is that with a standard keyboard or do you have one of those alternative kiosks (Such as the one Madentch offers I forget its name)?

Exactly, and I live in an apartment complex so there is always background noise.

I use a standard keyboard, though one day when I have some extra money I'd like to try out the Frogpad.

NoArmsJames 05-29-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodges Bullets (Post 402950)
Have you ever used your disability for evil?

Have you ever used it to prank someone. (my midget cousin likes to hide in luggage/ other peoples' sleeping bags)

Once my friend and I were at a bar and some band was playing. I liked them, but didn't have enough to buy a cd so I went over to them after the show and talked to them with a speech impediment and stutter and got a free cd.

When I was very young my babysitter took me grocery shopping. It was a busy line and she had a lot of groceries so she put me on the conveyor in between her groceries. I don't remember the reaction though.

Dodges Bullets 05-29-2008 04:49 PM

lolz, awesome.

gumby013 05-29-2008 04:56 PM

I used my cancer for evil in the casino at the poker tables. This was during the radiation treatments when I was at my sickest. I had to leave the table about every half hour to throw up in the bathroom. I let it be known to everyone at the table that I had cancer and was very sick. It worked very well and I rarely ever got called down to the river. Cleaned up $2K in about 6 hours.

NoArmsJames 05-29-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gumby013 (Post 402959)
I used my cancer for evil in the casino at the poker tables. This was during the radiation treatments when I was at my sickest. I had to leave the table about every half hour to throw up in the bathroom. I let it be known to everyone at the table that I had cancer and was very sick. It worked very well and I rarely ever got called down to the river. Cleaned up $2K in about 6 hours.

That's awesome! I play online a lot but have never played in a casino. The nearest casinos poker room is high stakes,


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger