Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree31Likes

Old 09-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #131 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

The last show I loved this much was The Sopranos. The way they ended that show was just too vague and just didn't feel final.

I'm so glad they ended this show the way they did. Vince Gillian is a fucking genius.

Loved how Walt ended back in a lab. Epic ending to an epic show.
campy likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #132 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I know right. I kept thinking back to Sopranos and I was like...this is how you do an ENDING bitches
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #133 (permalink)

i did not enjoy where they took the end.

huffpo articulates it pretty well:
'Breaking Bad' Finale Review, 'Felina': The Big Finish Felt Small At Times | Maureen Ryan
Old 10-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #134 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

The article has a lot of interesting points. I liked how it explained the final episode's title: Felina.

I didn't much care for the character of Jesse. He was never more than a silly side-kick to me. It made sense when I heard his character wasn't supposed to make it past the 1st season. They did what they could with him. I hardly paid attention to him speeding away.

The way in which Vince Gillian writes is very Quentin Tarrantino-ish. Everyone dies in the end. Crazy, elaborate, almost cartoonish scenarios, (like an assault rifle/ car trunk - or the mass poisoning of Mexican Cartel in 'Salud') really stand out. The episodes Vince Gillian wrote, mainly the first and last eps of each season were brilliant.

I can see where Keith and others got bored with the so-called 'filler' of the show, but the good parts glisten and are worthy of a second viewing.
campy likes this.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #135 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i can't even....I was too loving the end to read any nay sayers.

I'm a sucker for a happy ending though. I believe Walt wanted to go out guns blazing and not in some pee stained diaper in a a hospice bed.

My man!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #136 (permalink)

that's just it. why should he have had the luxury of controlling the situation? artistically, it was less truthful than i wanted. if we're to believe Walts descent into Heisenberg mirrored an addiction, there's no way it ought to have ended with his being in control. that's not how meth works. when you go that far into it, you don't reclaim your humanity. i've seen it first hand. that we saw some old walt there at the end wasn't right.

meth is tragic. i think the ending ought to have been tragic, not machine gun blazing, all my loose ends got taken care of, skyler/jesse gave me an understanding smile after ruining their lives and setting them into a hellish spiral that will continue the rest of their lives while /i/ got to dramatically die. it was too easy and too good for what he'd done.

and where the fuck was jesse?! the schwarz's got more screen time. walt and jesse's last moment was a nod? after all that? after how they left it? bullshit.

walt's not a hero. he's not a good man. his last acts of redemption were paltry at best and we're supposed to forgive him? also bullshit. it was selfishly motivated, again. he got to die feeling all wrapped up while everybody else he touched was left with frayed ends. fuck walt. dying was too good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #137 (permalink)

Meth is tragic...and much much more.

It's why I never got into the Jesse character. As someone who lost 2+ years to drugs like meth...I just don't see how an addict could work around meth, produce meth, etc.

The show did a good job of portraying addiction though. People who use meth are absolutely gross. America has a real problem with this.

I laugh at all these 'Zombie Apocalypse' people, (who act like zombies are a real thing) but if you look at the meth problem, these people are truly possessed, void of soul, and completely zombie-like.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #138 (permalink)

Breaking Bad on NPR Fresh Air

There's a great interview with two of the writers from Breaking Bad on NPR Fresh Air with Terry Gross podcast: 10/3/13

Remember the one where Walt throws the pizza on the roof? I guess that actual house where people live, have neighborhood kids who throw pizzas up there! Lol.

Some other gems on what influenced character sayings and writing are mentioned as well.