Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-23-2006, 12:25 PM   #61 (permalink)

Don't confuse the actions of Congress with the wishes of the American people. Unforunately, they rarely matchup. This is a good example.

It might also be productive, for historical perspective, to look at the difference in our government reactions to the same event under different political parties. Not Bush vs. Clinton, the senate and house.

And in your research, I hope you out the American media who have strayed so far from their constitutional role in our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugymay
I fought in Afghanistan and then six months later I went to Iraq, both trips with the 82nd Airborne Division. Iraq is a joke. People just standing around and the missions are to maintain logitics mostly. The posture of the U.S. military towards the Iraqi people is very different from the posture towards the Afghani people. I was so disgusted with the way that the military was being used in Iraq that when my term expired I resigned my commission. I am currently a graduate student in International Relations. Most of the stuff here is so biased and based on rhetoric that people will hear what they want and disbelieve the other side no matter what. My current research project is a historical analysis identifying the shift of U.S. perception of Iraq and the underlying events which caused the shift. Her is one tidbit for you all...

In 1988 Iraq used chemical weapons on the Kurds. In reports from that time about 1800 estimated casualties. The senate immediately passed a bill emplacing economic sanctions. Four days after, the U.S. house failed to pass the bill and instead established an agricultural and oil trading pact worth over 1 billion dollars.

Get off your horses, we didn't care about chemical weapons then and we only use this rhetoric to achieve our current goals.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickmyballssuckmy
And in your research, I hope you out the American media who have strayed so far from their constitutional role in our country.
I am. My favorite is a Washington Post story, to paraphrase, "Iraq gassed the Kurds, So what?" In 1988 this story was published in support of stronger economic ties with Iraq.

French and Russian support for Iraq because of their oil agreements during the 1990's is also another point of fun investigation. Anywho, I am banning myself from this thread because I want to hear dick jokes.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:28 PM   #63 (permalink)

Location: London, Ontario, Canada. Formerly Paisley, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugymay
Anywho, I am banning myself from this thread because I want to hear dick jokes.
Dick Cheney?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:05 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyphil
Weapons of mass destruction (WMD) generally include nuclear, biological, chemical and, increasingly, radiological weapons. The term first arose in 1937 in reference to the mass destruction of Guernica, Spain, by aerial bombardment. Following the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and progressing through the Cold War, the term came to refer more to non-conventional weapons. The terms ABC, NBC, and CBRN have been used synonymously with WMD, although nuclear weapons have the greatest capacity to cause mass destruction. The phrase entered popular usage in relation to the U.S.-led multinational forces' 2003 invasion of Iraq
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wmd

Its now, CBRNE

Chemical, Bio, Radiation, Nuclear, and Explosive
Old 06-23-2006, 05:05 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozdog
Its now, CBRNE

said the 54Bravo

aaaaahhh, dammit
Old 06-23-2006, 05:14 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Its now, CBRNE

How do you prnounce that

see-bourn

c-b-rine

ka-brone
aka cabrn aka goat aka bastard aka Pimp

http://education.yahoo.com/reference...sh/cabr%C3%B3n
Old 06-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #67 (permalink)

I can't tell who's who with all these fucking pandas, fucking pandas Giddit.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:19 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickmyballssuckmy
First of all, I'm sad that we won't have a president with amazon boobs. BUt also..

The official reason is that we were threatened by him. In the late 1990's everybody was saying it. The UN passed 17 resolutions telling him to stop his weapons programs. In the days leading up to the war, he was moving his WMD into Syria, the UN knew he was doing it, and Bush/Blair decided to go in and try to catch him red-handed.

http://patriotpost.us/alexander/edition.asp?id=340

People like to confuse others by making it sound like Iraq was about 9/11, oil, world domination, etc. But it is about our national interests being threatened by the Hitler of his time.

In the terms of a "Global War on Terror", our National Security Strategy (http://www.whitehouse.gov/nsc/nss/2006/index.html) states that "The advance of freedom and human dignity through democracy is the long-term solution to the transnational terrorism of today." Basically, this is a war without borders and it goes beyond Iraq and Afghanistan.

Liberation of people is simply a by-product anytime a leader gets overthrown. Look back at post WWII Japan and Germany as
examples. With or without liberation, there is a period of time where power is handed back to the citizens/leaders of the attacked country. The attacking country is responsible for paying for and rebuilding the infrastructure of the nation. And a government tha the people want is the end-game, hopefully resulting in a bunch of free people who have been liberated and
can now control their own destiny.

Here in America, we are safer because we tookthe fight to the terrorists instead of letting them bring the fight to us.
Because we have been agressive, things like this happen:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/22/miami.raids/index.html

Love reading this thread, cause is all that i study in the military. WMD's.

All WMD questions should go look at www.nbc-links.com Jim Placke will answer and agrue all your points.

May not have gotten to that part, but Saddam gasing the Kurds makes chemical attacks a WMD. The dumbass in Japan could have killed 10's of thousands if he knew what he was doing.

Look at the Afghan/Russian war, poisioning every water source, a good movie for that war is called "The Beast".

A chemical threat is a ton more realisitc than Iran's or North Korea's Nuclear threat.

We should be more scared of chemical or bio threats than the nuclear threat.

http://www.myspace.com/sfcoz
Old 06-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
We should be more scared of chemical or bio threats than the nuclear threat.
I worry about chemical and bio shit. THe army scared me shitless about that.

I think I could Still put my mask on in time, I know I still have glasses to fit in the eye holes.

I wonder where I can get a gas mask from...?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:38 PM   #70 (permalink)

Location: London, Ontario, Canada. Formerly Paisley, Scotland
Your friendly local sex shop or fetish clothing store....

Or maybe an Army and Navy store