Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdrafttech View Post
Just the front. She's not old, probably 4 or 5. Not sure how old because I got her from an ex who got her from the pound. My ex got her two years ago as a severely overweight adult so I know she's at least three or four. She doesn't act old, she's playful. She isn't nearly as overweight any more, about 11lbs.
OK, that age means your vet is probably adding in additional painkillers and antibiotics. Does this also include any pre-surgical testing? If so, look into it and decide whether you really want to pay for that. If that price includes extra drugs for your cat's comfort and potential infection...that's not a bad price. Of course - you'll need to decide how you feel about prophylactic antibiotics. Ask for a line by line accounting of that price tag and see if they are adding in unnecessary test/drugs etc. Research research research. And then, if you still can't decide - PM me and I'll hook you up with my friend, the vet. She's not a fan of bill padding...

Best thread title ever.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm open to suggestions, but I don't see an alternative. It's either get rid of the claws or get rid of the cat.
Declawing is illegal in South Australia it is considered animal cruelty, but you're not here so do whatever.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
</your credibility>

An un-neutered male cat is AKA a house skunk
I do realized that but its unnatural and I feel like Iím robbing the cat of his manhood. I understand the reasons its necessary. My cat is my baby, and I think of it like this would I do the same to my son. I know its stupid but it just how I feel (shrug)
Old 06-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlNextDoor View Post
I do realized that but its unnatural and I feel like Iím robbing the cat of his manhood. I understand the reasons its necessary. My cat is my baby, and I think of it like this would I do the same to my son. I know its stupid but it just how I feel (shrug)
Psst, cats aren't people.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlNextDoor View Post
Grapist has a point - after all, if you castrate your son, he might grow up to sing like an angel, you cat - not so much.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #46 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
Grapist has a point - after all, if you castrate your son, he might grow up to sing like an angel, you cat - not so much.

Shhhhh ... she doesn't know about that son. The father never told her.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #47 (permalink)

If you don't wanna get him declawed, go to your local garden center and get a 97 cent spray bottle. Fill it with water,and set it to spray a stream. Whenever the cat does anything you don't want it to, light him up from across the room with it. The cat doesn't associate the stream with you and won't end up hating you. A squirt gun will work too but the bottle can sit next to your remote/computer/nightstand for weeks on end without leaking. My wife has 2 cats (with claws)and I've trained both this way and they haven't ever messed up anything since they were kittens. That being said I like dogs (works on them too).
"What was that?" Mark from Podtrac Episode 242 38:06
"Hey who's that crazy asshole? And you're like, Oh right, GOD." Myka FOXXX Epoisode 906 3:46
"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." Ben Franklin
"I'm NotQuite Wright and I approve this message."
Old 06-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #48 (permalink)
j2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotQuite View Post
If you don't wanna get him declawed, go to your local garden center and get a 97 cent spray bottle. Fill it with water,and set it to spray a stream. Whenever the cat does anything you don't want it to, light him up from across the room with it. The cat doesn't associate the stream with you and won't end up hating you. A squirt gun will work too but the bottle can sit next to your remote/computer/nightstand for weeks on end without leaking. My wife has 2 cats (with claws)and I've trained both this way and they haven't ever messed up anything since they were kittens. That being said I like dogs (works on them too).
yeah, but this method would actually require some effort and discipline on the pet owners part...
Old 06-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2x View Post
yeah, but this method would actually require some effort and discipline on the pet owners part...
Well then, Fuck me smash his little paws with a hammer. He can't claw anything in little tiny casts... :/
Old 06-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotQuite View Post
If you don't wanna get him declawed, go to your local garden center and get a 97 cent spray bottle. Fill it with water,and set it to spray a stream.
My kitty only needs to see the bottle to get him to stop. If he sees you reaching for it he looks at you and goes "How did you know I was going to be evil???"
If the cat doesn't respond to plain water you can put a bit of lemon juice or vinegar in the water. They get a bad taste when they lick it off.

His name is Bruce, he is frightened of birds.

Last edited by tuttle88; 06-11-2009 at 01:51 PM.