Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-08-2006, 03:13 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie
But I still stand by saying all this is being said without example (other than coconut) so it's really hard to judge either way.
I can't give one specifically. I usually save the log file of the chat but didn't last night. I just remember people getting kicked and thinking, "what the fuck did they do?" So I scrolled up and saw that they did absolutely nothing.

I'm also not pointing you out specifically, Annie. I just think that people should be able to say anything they want in there, including "*a mod* is a fucking cunt / asshole," without getting punished for it. But like I said before, as soon as it's spam, it's intolerable.

dickhead: I
dickhead: w
dickhead: a
dickhead: n
dickhead: t
dickhead: o
dickhead: j
dickhead: u
dickhead: s
dickhead: s
dickhead: a
dickhead: y
dickhead: h
dickhead: i
dickhead: !!!!!!

That's just fucking annoying.

Just because the power is there doesn't mean you should abuse it if something is said that you don't agree with.

And this is not whining, this is a poignant statement.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:24 PM   #42 (permalink)

I agree stjoe. There was someone in there named 14yearold and he/she was removed a few times and I never found out why. Yes there were spammers too, and I was thankful for them; they kept Annie (read: other mods too) busy so they don't have to make up reasons to keep their kick finger busy.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #43 (permalink)

I say, If you go into a chatroom, be it KATG or anywhere else and intentionally call someone a cunt/asshole, expect to be kicked. No matter who you call names or who is the mod.

If you go into the chat room, be respectful and actually have a conversation with others rather than be a jerk, you will not be kicked.

I personally like Annie and Mali, Spooky and the others modding. I get kicked/frozen/warned all the time, and I LAUGH when it happens. It's supposed to be a comedy chat, not an attack on anyone. take it for what it is. If you are personally offended by it, maybe you don't belong there.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:14 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy
What kind of injury was it that made your penis lame?

You mean like that?

haha exactly and that's how the chat should be kept
Old 07-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClass
i have a problem
You know, I know a good doctor that might prescribe something for that. Let me know and I'll give you his name.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:57 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcatacat
I say, If you go into a chatroom, be it KATG or anywhere else and intentionally call someone a cunt/asshole, expect to be kicked. No matter who you call names or who is the mod.

If you go into the chat room, be respectful and actually have a conversation with others rather than be a jerk, you will not be kicked.

Yes exactly! Well said arc.

I was just whiney because in the after show Keith was giving it out to all the girls but me.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:58 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
It is better than living in Kentucky
true, but it could be worse. at least it's not west virginia, or even worse... california.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #48 (permalink)

Just don't take shit personally in the chat, folks. I've had people call me an asshole one day, then thank me for shit another.

Can't we all just get along?
Old 07-08-2006, 05:53 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcatacat
Can't we all just get along?
Group hug
Old 07-08-2006, 06:57 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut
I agree stjoe. There was someone in there named 14yearold and he/she was removed a few times and I never found out why.
There's such thing as PM. Badthings may be said, requests might be made, reasons might be given without YOU "finding out"
Also, do you really pay so close of attention that you don't miss things that people say/do that aren't appropriate? You really track every single person's messages in a chat with 100 people? That goes for all, not just coconut. Things come to your attention when it says "so and so has been frozen/kicked" and you might not have been following the entire instance.
Ive had someone flood PM me with stuff like "you're a whore... cunt... etc etc etc". Yes I can ignore it, but also I can boot, so i do. That's being harassing. And if anyone else let me know that someone was harassing them like that - I would do the same. I think that would be grounds for kicking in any chatroom and not an "abuse". That's just one example where you see the "kick" but it looks like "omg, there was no reason for that! Like -totally-like, Annie is sooooo mean!"

Edited to add:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe
I just remember people getting kicked and thinking, "what the fuck did they do?" So I scrolled up and saw that they did absolutely nothing.
(dickhead)...That's just fucking annoying.
Just because the power is there doesn't mean you should abuse it if something is said that you don't agree with.
And this is not whining, this is a poignant statement.
In your opinion, they did nothing; opinion isn't an "absolute".
So multiple line posts are a reason to be chastised but viciousness to a mod or NOT mod is alright?
If i kicked "dickhead" then it would be because i don't "agree" with what he's doing - and in your opinion - that's ok.
I invite you to PM me stjoe and give me actual examples not distanced generalizations. Even if it's from an old chat log. Maybe I do get carried away - I can't say for sure and neither can anyone else unless they have specifics to back it up. Not limited re-imaginings.

Last edited by Annie; 07-08-2006 at 07:10 PM.