Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 02-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #61 (permalink)

I started reading this thread not realizing the first posts were about the season three return. I was sooooo confused.

I almost didn't watch this year as I was disappointed with last season's finale. I felt that showing that Jack is a basket case after he gets off the island turns the show into a tragedy where we know how it is going to turn out. Even if we don't know what happens to them on the island, we know that Jack and Kate will live and get off eventually. That takes a lot of the suspense away.

But the season openner has turned me around. It looks like they will continue to show flash forwards now instead of flashbacks. And Jack being a basketcase is not the end as it looks like we watch him and whoever else is still around trying to get back to the island. This makes an interesting twist which also demonstrates that the show producers have figured out the ending to everything as opppose to just writing it as they go along and forcing solutions to all the mysteries. The biggest mystery now is why do only 6 of them get off the island and who are the six?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:11 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
This makes an interesting twist which also demonstrates that the show producers have figured out the ending to everything as opppose to just writing it as they go along and forcing solutions to all the mysteries.
This is what happens when you know what your end date is. The problem with a lot of programs is that they try to drag them out as long as possible to squeeze every last drop of profit out of them, rather than restricting them to an interesting storyline.

Now that they have an end date set for the series, I expect the writers will be able to keep it interesting right up to the end.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:37 PM   #63 (permalink)

the man in the cabin...is it jack's dad?
Attached Images
File Type: png facecabin.png (177.8 KB, 72 views)
Old 02-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotparker View Post
That's my guess.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #65 (permalink)

here's a theory!

remember at the very end of the season 2 finale when it cut to those two dudes in Anarchtica or the North Pole or something? if you'll recall, when the hatch blew up and they got a reading on their computers they called Penny and told her, "I think we found it." somehow these dudes are connected to Naomi parachuting on the island and I think that perhaps they're part of a mercenary group (which is why Penny didn't recognize the name in the finale for season 3) hired by the original Dharma Initiative to reclaim the island from Ben's people. so maybe they're the good guys after all somehow. and as for Christian being alive, don't forget that in season 1 his coffin was empty when they found it in the jungle and in the flash-forward in season 3 Jack said something like, "get my father down here and ask him!" I thought he was just being crazy but I guess it's possible his dad is still alive. hopefully this season they'll clear up whether or not Christian had any pre-crash connection to the island, along with about 2342340912 other questions.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:02 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
I started reading this thread not realizing the first posts were about the season three return. I was sooooo confused.
Same here. Ha Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolynaris View Post
This is what happens when you know what your end date is. The problem with a lot of programs is that they try to drag them out as long as possible to squeeze every last drop of profit out of them, rather than restricting them to an interesting storyline.

Now that they have an end date set for the series, I expect the writers will be able to keep it interesting right up to the end.
This is so completely awesome! I worked for a company whose --stated-- goal (to GM's) was to sell in X years. All the managers were focused on this goal. We worked so totally hard and DROVE to be the best to have the best sell price. It was totally incredible. I expect the same from the staff and crew of Lost.

For me, if you have a goal and you have a great group of people, you work towards a goal. If you have no specific goal, you muddle around. People come and go. In announcing the end date, you have set a goal that every one of these actors, writers, and staff want to see through to completion. And they want to bust ASS to make sure it's done right. GREAT news for the fans.

Quote:
Wow- did NOT even see that

Quote:
here's a theory!

remember at the very end of the season 2 finale when it cut to those two dudes in Antarctica or the North Pole or something? if you'll recall, when the hatch blew up and they got a reading on their computers they called Penny .... the island, along with about 2342340912 other questions.

http://www.DaHBrew.com
Old 02-04-2008, 08:56 AM   #67 (permalink)

http://www.spookyinthecity.com/forum...10&postcount=7
Old 02-04-2008, 09:25 AM   #68 (permalink)

sawyer's head?
walt killed someone"
huh????? what season and episode are we at now!?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:27 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
oh god, when's this??
Old 02-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #70 (permalink)

Yes, Christian (Jack's father) is the man sitting in the rocking chair in Jacob's cabin. I saw a screencap of it and it's pretty clear. When I was watching the show I was confused because I couldn't figure out why Jacob was suddenly wearing bright white sneakers and a pinstripe suit. I think Jacob is the one who runs to the window and peers out at Hurley.

Also, Abbadon (the guy from The Wire who visits Hurley in the mental institution) is the name of the demon of The Abyss, who runs the seventh circle of hell. He's called the King of Locusts. Freaky shit.

I think they finally know where they're going so the storytelling will be tightened up.