Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
I don't understand that. I'm an atheist and I want someone to shoot me in the fucking face if I become retarded, demented, forgetful, or if I say anything positive about the CSA.
The only reason to die when you are like that is because of other people.

"I don't want to be a burden"
"I don't want to lose my dignity" (how others see me)
"I don't want to be remember like that"

I don't care if I make you uncomfortable. I don't care if you laugh at me drooling over myself. Once I'm dead I don't care how I remembered because I'll be dead. It doesn't matter that the world continues on, because you are no longer part of it. In the end, everything beats being dead.

There is no statement I could make that would end with, "I'd rather be dead."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

Location: Wilkes-Barre Area, 10pts if you know where that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxedMan View Post
The only reason to die when you are like that is because of other people.

"I don't want to be a burden"
"I don't want to lose my dignity" (how others see me)
"I don't want to be remember like that"

I don't care if I make you uncomfortable. I don't care if you laugh at me drooling over myself. Once I'm dead I don't care how I remembered because I'll be dead. It doesn't matter that the world continues on, because you are no longer part of it. In the end, everything beats being dead.

There is no statement I could make that would end with, "I'd rather be dead."
Why are you scared of death, it's gonna get you anyway, so just calm down and go with the flow. Live life hard, but know when to move on. If I go from fruit to vegtable, I know that I wouldn't want to be like that. You lose all of who you were, you aren't still living. Your body might still be, but whoever's inside isn't you, never was, never will be. Grow a pair, be a man, and pull the plug. Game Over.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #13 (permalink)

My uncle was an alcholic and he was told that if he kept drinking he would die. He had bad reactions to it anyway but they said it's to the point that there's no doubt, he'd die. So he drinks the non alcholic stuff. Not exactly like the real thing but it keeps the addiction down.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousKlepto View Post
Why are you scared of death, it's gonna get you anyway, so just calm down and go with the flow. Live life hard, but know when to move on. If I go from fruit to vegtable, I know that I wouldn't want to be like that. You lose all of who you were, you aren't still living. Your body might still be, but whoever's inside isn't you, never was, never will be. Grow a pair, be a man, and pull the plug. Game Over.
So you are a gay guy who doesn't use condoms?

Not walking in front of a moving bus doesn't mean I'm afraid to die, just not in a big hurry.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

Location: Wilkes-Barre Area, 10pts if you know where that is.
Quote:
So you are a gay guy who doesn't use condoms?

Not walking in front of a moving bus doesn't mean I'm afraid to die, just not in a big hurry.
I might not be stepping in front of a moving bus, but maybe the driver will have a stroke, and the bus swerves to hit me on the curb. No one is saying to be in hurry to die, but if it's your time, it's your time. Be willing to accept that.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I was my raised by my grandfather, he died at 72 and the last 10 years of his life were miserable from smoking (which he quit at 30). I would love to live to be 90 and still have a high quality of life.

Quality of life depends more on how you live your life then how long you live it for most people.

And as an atheist, you bet I want to live fucking forever. You know those people who say, "If I'm brain dead and shitting myself, pull the plug," FUCK THAT. I don't care what it costs, how stupid I look, or how much pain I'm in. If there is a way to keep my heart beating you do it. I'll take that 1 in a Million chance for a miracle cure because I know I got no place else to be.
What if that makes you one of those trapped inside people? It's apparently turning out that there's a lot more cases of that than we realized. I was listening to...I think RadioLab, and there was some medical scientist guy that started talking to vegetables, people thought brain dead, and asking them to imagine they are playing a game of tennis to stimulate the brain stem or some such thing they could test. Turns out, first case he tried, that person was still inside, trapped. I think he tested 20 more and found three more cases, admitting it was possible that many more existed that he was still unable to test, like if whatever accident that made you a veggie also made you deaf, so you were unable to hear instructions for testing.

Point being, your life only has the value you assign it, it is not valuable inherently. And how you define your life should have some bearing on where your line is in regards to sticking it out for the long haul or not. Is your life valuable enough to you that you are willing to take another person's life to sustain yours? How about simply ruining the quality of life of people you love(like putting them into financial ruin, taking their financial freedom). Is that the same if you are essentially a brain in a box, no more outside stimulus? Do you take the rest of humanity into account at all?

And lastly, knowing you are an atheist, if something bad happened to you, why wouldn't you rather just die and be frozen, instead of going on the tube and waiting for your body to atrophy beyond repair, waiting for your brain to irrevocably liquefy from inactivity...

Whatever you feel about it, it's obviously your feelings, and as such can't be wrong in any way, its just something to think about.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.