Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-29-2007, 10:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeone View Post
You're starting a totally different argument though, Deuce. Whether Harry Potter is stupid or not isn't the issue. It's this dumb dunce that wrote this article equating Harry Potter to Satanism.
i am saying that this religious lady is obviously a whack job and a nut case. but on a different note anyone that waited on line on friday night for a copy of a book as bad and as poorly written as harry pooter is also not so freakin normal.

it's cool i guess if you are a kid. but what gets me is guys (especially guys, maybe i see how an older woman could still be into this book, but a GROWN MAN!!), what gets me are guys in their late 20s early 30s who sit out there waiting for this shit to come out. who can recite everything from every story and knows who or what a hermione is or all the stupid gobbity galoo words that constitute 99% of this drivel.

I liked Dr. Seuss as a kid. But I wouldnt go waiting on line at 10 PM on a friday night for his new "book", not even at 9 years old. it can wait, get a life
and if you are over 20 years old read a real book.

"deuce is a fucking asshole, and one of the best you'll come across"....stjoe
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:08 AM   #12 (permalink)

I really like this part:

This Tom Riddle is clearly the God of Christian tradition as other Christian critics of Mrs. Rowling's books have pointed out. When Potter first sees Tom Riddle the Son, Tom is described as strangely blurred around the edges, suggesting a halo (p. 330).

Tom Riddle (aka Voldemort) is the villain in the Harry Potter series. He is portrayed as one of the most evil people in existence. He tortures people if they do not do his bidding, he is a wanton murderer killing all who get in his way, and he is spectacularly intolerant of anyone or anything not like himself. In the books Tom Riddle is morally reprehensible and a thoroughly disgusting human being and yet these radical christian zealots identify him with their god. If this is true how could any decent person follow such a profane religion?
Old 07-29-2007, 10:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
i am saying that this religious lady is obviously a whack job and a nut case. but on a different note anyone that waited on line on friday night for a copy of a book as bad and as poorly written as harry pooter is also not so freakin normal.

it's cool i guess if you are a kid. but what gets me is guys (especially guys, maybe i see how an older woman could still be into this book, but a GROWN MAN!!), what gets me are guys in their late 20s early 30s who sit out there waiting for this shit to come out. who can recite everything from every story and knows who or what a hermione is or all the stupid gobbity galoo words that constitute 99% of this drivel.

I liked Dr. Seuss as a kid. But I wouldnt go waiting on line at 10 PM on a friday night for his new "book", not even at 9 years old. it can wait, get a life
You can like the series without being one of the people that waits for it's midnight release. I went and got the book that Saturday finished it less then a week. I've probably already forgotten some of the details. I do agree with you that some people's obsession with Harry Potter is unhealthy.

I have a few friends that love these books. They looked at me appalled when I said that the last book was the most poorly written of them all. They started arguing about it, finally I just told them that they were making excuses so that they could still enjoy the books.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

"Gay Sex Scene Edited Out of Final Harry Potter Novel"
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0707/potter.html
Old 07-29-2007, 04:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post

Maybe people enjoy it? Who are you to say what other people get enthusiastic about? I have not really read the books or seen the movies, but I get into some things that might seem childish or silly to others.

Most of the stuff that goes on in these forums is good for nothing and fairly childish, but I get a kick out of it and will keep doing it.

Maybe try to understand why someone would be so into Harry instead of being all Spooky-esque about it (yeah well youre just a fuckin fucktard and i am cleverer than you so neah).

I'm serious about this. Why do you think people are so into it? I've got my views on this...
Old 07-29-2007, 05:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I have a few friends that love these books. They looked at me appalled when I said that the last book was the most poorly written of them all. They started arguing about it, finally I just told them that they were making excuses so that they could still enjoy the books.
I'm a fan and I agree. Overall, it was worse than fanfic, with a few good scenes.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:01 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden View Post
I really like this part:

This Tom Riddle is clearly the God of Christian tradition as other Christian critics of Mrs. Rowling's books have pointed out. When Potter first sees Tom Riddle the Son, Tom is described as strangely blurred around the edges, suggesting a halo (p. 330).

Tom Riddle (aka Voldemort) is the villain in the Harry Potter series. He is portrayed as one of the most evil people in existence. He tortures people if they do not do his bidding, he is a wanton murderer killing all who get in his way, and he is spectacularly intolerant of anyone or anything not like himself. In the books Tom Riddle is morally reprehensible and a thoroughly disgusting human being and yet these radical christian zealots identify him with their god. If this is true how could any decent person follow such a profane religion?
This article is about how this woman believes that Harry Potter is an indictment of Christianity. The basis of this article is that the J.K. Rowling made Voldemort a metaphor for God to bash the religion as a whole.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayepants View Post
I'm a fan and I agree. Overall, it was worse than fanfic, with a few good scenes.
Vudell clued me in on the whole nonverbal spell thing, that played a big part at the end of the 6th book. I started to argue this point with one of my buddies, as to why it wasn't even addressed in the final book. He tried to say that it was a red herring, trying to make me believe something else. If that were the case, then it would've been brought up in some shape, way, or form. Then he tried to say that maybe Rowling didn't want to explain it. That's when I gave up and called him a retard.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

glad to see I could help you weed out your retarded friends.

the one friend I know that I could have a good discussion about the final book may or may not be very angry with me, so I havent been able to call anyone retarded yet. damn.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Vudell clued me in on the whole nonverbal spell thing, that played a big part at the end of the 6th book. I started to argue this point with one of my buddies, as to why it wasn't even addressed in the final book. He tried to say that it was a red herring, trying to make me believe something else. If that were the case, then it would've been brought up in some shape, way, or form. Then he tried to say that maybe Rowling didn't want to explain it. That's when I gave up and called him a retard.
I'm currently reading book 6 and they are just learning about non-verbal spells.

I haven't read the books before, but I went to the latest movie to keep my (loser-with-no-girlfriend) son company. Now it seems I'm hooked. I feel compelled to go back and read all the other books now.

Or maybe just watch the movies since I'm quite lazy...