Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

How come...

.....Chemda has been doing Keith and The Girl for four years, and never actually sat down and thought about how to lie about it properly to her mom / family ? i mean it seems like every time that the topic comes up she gets squirmy and runs out of words etc which is so strange coming from someone who usually is so quick witted....this is in no way meant to criticize her, i was just curious what other people thought.

I mean if i had to hide something major from my family, i'd probably take some time to sit down and devise a plan on what to say, and how to break it to them. a plan that will be adjusted as time goes by, but i'd make sure to have some answers ready when it comes up. maybe even practice my tone of voice / scenarios...i mean who better to have in the room than Keith who will make sure to think of every scenario possible.

I've noticed this coming up over and over and Chemda still seems to not know how to properly answer to her fam. I'm very curious how it all will play out when mama bear rolls into town starting this sunday lol can't wait for next week's episodes and discussions on this!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You know, when she brings this up it reminds me of someone trying to come out of the closet to their parents. Except, she isn't doing that. It SHOULD be easier. Obviously it's not easier for her. In fact she might have an easier time talking about her and Lauren. Hmmm, maybe not?

Anyway, you make a good point about 4 years. You would think that she could sit down and say, "Mom, this is what I do. And it's making me money and it's making me happy." And one would think that would make her happy too.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Fact is, even if a lot of us feel we could easily sit down with our family and explain something like this to them, we aren't Chemda. We didn't grow up with her family. I don't know them. She does. We don't understand how they would react and how that would make her feel. I could very easily tell my parents what I did if I was doing what she and Keith are doing to make a paycheck, but that has absolutely nothing to do with Chemda and her family... I'm just bringing my own family experience into the equation and thinking of hypotheticals from that perspective.

It's her business. I do think it sucks that she can't tell them. It sounds like it's really hard for her. Last thing I want to hear about is another family disowning...

"I hate everyone equally..."

Holy shit, awesome:
www.heavymetalgeek.com
Holy shit, I'm in a band:
www.reverbnation.com/caligarimetal
Stupid, stupid shit I say:
www.twitter.com/skizzbot

Old 03-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzbot View Post
It's her business. I do think it sucks that she can't tell them. It sounds like it's really hard for her. Last thing I want to hear about is another family disowning...
I totally agree. Which is why i ask, why not sit down for an hour and write down all the ways to you might be able to lie about it, just to have an answer ready. But maybe there is no way to say it without being weird about it or raising some sort of suspicion no matter what she comes up with.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I think it would totally suck to be in that position. Chemda (and Keith) is a pioneer of her industry. She's very successful and will most likely make history someday, and her parents don't know anything about it. It's kind of like not being able to come out to your family.

I'm sure she knows what is best for her and her family but I do feel sad for her not being able to share her success with her parents.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
You know, when she brings this up it reminds me of someone trying to come out of the closet to their parents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
It's kind of like not being able to come out to your family.
Good point!
Old 03-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I do agree that it's a shame she can't tell them, but I don't think lying about what she does is any better! Her mum knows not to ask about it, she tells other family she works with the "internet". I think she's sorted. It's just that her mum is coming to stay and that makes it awkward because she's going to be around. She's just going to have the get through it and it will be over with!
Old 03-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
.....Chemda has been doing Keith and The Girl for four years, and never actually sat down and thought about how to lie about it properly to her mom / family ?
That's just how Chemda works. Like when they went to Israel and Keith would try and ask her for a cover story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemda
Nope! They won't ask, don't worry about it. We're done talking now.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

I do think in light of recent developments, Chemda should pick either the Lauren thing or the podcasting thing and ask her mom which one she'd be less horrified by. XD
Old 03-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
Good point!
Aw...dang it.