View Poll Results: Do You Have Kids
Yes 16 48.48%
No 5 15.15%
Hell No! I'm not dumb. I use contraception! 3 9.09%
Nope. I am Sparrow. Just here to hate. 6 18.18%
Nope. Just here to see a Piffle freakout. Those are epic. 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree105Likes

Old 08-30-2014, 10:10 AM   #131 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Kids = Dead Cell Phones

My daughter can't keep her damn phone charged. This is really driving me crazy as her mother and I don't live together. Then I have to text her mom, "Hey can you have her call me" and all this unnecessary stuff.

I'm thinking of getting her one of those battery packs that you plug your iPhone into? I hate the iPhone because she just plays games or streams youtube vids tell that thing is dead.

Any other parents have this problem? Any solutions?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:02 AM   #132 (permalink)

I had this problem too but the second she started texting friends it went away. It's a pain in the ass but cherish having a child whose face isn't buried in a phone for now.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #133 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

LOL. So every time I try to call my kid and it goes right to voicemail, I should be happy in the knowing that she isn't face buried in a game, huh?

Goddamn. You are quite the optimist there, Astro. HOW DO YOU DO IT???
Old 08-30-2014, 12:11 PM   #134 (permalink)

Well it's either that it she might be in the midst of a horrible kidnapping
I am the optimist- when you have a kid you worry about so much that eventually you have to just trust they won't die at any given second. I used to go into her room at night to make sure she was still breathing hahaha. Now when I call her and she doesn't answer I'm like, "well IF she was being kidnapped I'm SURE I can still watch the rest of this episode of American Horror Story and maybe still catch up with them before she is horribly disfigured..."
Old 08-31-2014, 01:55 PM   #135 (permalink)

Ignorenomoreapp.com

They are developing an iPhone version...
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:59 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefusingYouLiquor View Post
Ignorenomoreapp.com

They are developing an iPhone version...
This is genius!

Now if they only had an app that produced a small taser-like shock every time her battery life dropped below 10% playing Minecraft...

SCIENCE!
Old 09-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #137 (permalink)

Bought my physically awkward/ somewhat clumsy daughter a long board.

Hopefully my next post won't be from the emergency room.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #138 (permalink)

Cure for Clumsy Kid

My daughter is brilliant at reading books and reciting facts. She's kind of like that kid from Jerry Maguire. "The human head weighs eight pounds!" Yeah. That one. But not unlike that one; she's kind of a goofy kid.

I can't tell if she's just up in her head, (this is most likely) or her motor skills are absolutely fucking retarded. She's always knocking into things or bumping her head, tripping over her own feet or whatever.

So I bought longboards. I had bought an Element deck, (it had a cool pine tree w/ birds graphic - fucking love birds) and had bought wheels, but had no trucks. It was basically sitting in storage. I found my daughter a nice black, blue, and white Sector 9 board that was essentially new. We took my deck and wheels to a local skate shop and bought trucks, (essentially the axles that hold wheels and connect to board).

It was fun working on my board. My daughter got an electric drill w/ a socket attachment and I explained all the tools as we put the deck together. There was also a father with this cute little eight year old son working on a regular deck. The heavily tattooed, 20-something skate shop employee kept yelling "Motherfucker!" as he helped them, but otherwise it felt oddly familial amongst the graffiti, stickers, and rando stuff you see in a skate shop. My dog even came in and flopped down next to us; the sidewalk apparently being too hot. We felt right at home.

Once finished we were off and it was glorious. Sunny Sunday afternoon. There's a paved biking trail about six feet wide that goes along both sides of the Clark Fork River that runs through town. Really quite beautiful. We started out doing just little kicks.

The thing about skating is that it's really hard to teach in words. It's why there are no classes or books. It's something you learn by doing. She did really well. Only bailed off the thing a few times and never fell. I could tell this accomplishment meant a lot to her. I think it proved something special to her some how. It's great exercise and I'm glad we found something we both enjoy that we can do together.

If you're a parent reading this; is there a sport or activity that you've tried that seems to boost your kid's confidence? I almost wonder if my child, (who is emotional - like her father) doesn't need more sports. More physical activity to help get her out of her head.

Get out of thought and into concentrating on doing things. Things like: walking
Sparrow likes this.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 09-08-2014 at 08:31 AM.