Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: iPhone 4...who's upgrading?
Yes, I'll be upgrading. 32 48.48%
No, fine where I am. 17 25.76%
FUCK CRAPPLE! 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #31 (permalink)

getting in on THAT ASS
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station View Post
I had kind of thought it was partially the iphone's fault all along. me and three other people would all be in the same place, but our iphone's would have 4 different levels of reception.
yeah and aside from the occasional issue in NYC where AT&T would do the whole 5 bars and call goes str8 to VMail anyway, I could never duplicate my iPhone issues on my work Blackberry when it was on AT&T
Old 06-09-2010, 10:09 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah View Post
Starting to hear rumblings that the back is glass so that it is inert to the antenna systems This is leading to the thought that the AT&T<-> iPhone suck'age wasn't all AT&T's fault, and maybe just maybe the iPhone 2G/3G/3GS was a PoS from a RF reception perspective
I don't think it's the phone. I've never had any reception problems here on Rogers, or ever had a dropped call. But anytime I'm in the US on AT&T the service is shit.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #34 (permalink)

Not sure either way...about the reception being the phone or the service...as I've never had an issue in the corn field I live in (but my wife has), or while I was in NYC for the latest April 15th event.

I'll be away from home on the release date, so I will not be pre-ordering, in fear of my current phone being deactivated on the release date when the new phone's in the mail box, but I will have an iPhone 4 by the end of the month.

My 3G works great in my house...my wifes 3Gs, does not. We'll see if that improves.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:09 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah View Post
Starting to hear rumblings that the back is glass so that it is inert to the antenna systems This is leading to the thought that the AT&T<-> iPhone suck'age wasn't all AT&T's fault, and maybe just maybe the iPhone 2G/3G/3GS was a PoS from a RF reception perspective
I don't think it's the iPhone as mine will work when my Brother-in-Laws Blackberry will not, with At&t service nor will my sister's regular phone when we are all sitting at the same table in the house. Pisses them off, we are always comparing who has service as we all have different phones but the same At&t.

I can't wait to get the new iPhone, I am worried about that back glass too. Willing to risk it for all the new features, will donate my old phone to my sister.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:37 AM   #36 (permalink)

I've got the old 3G phone and I drop calls like all the fucking time. I need the refresh but I am really hating ATT. The other day my phone was stuck on E all day, coworker had O. WTF? I tried to call cx support but got Tmobile instead.... wtf?
Glass back is to not hinder reception? Why not use lexan - isnt it lighter and tuffer? Wish I could wait for Verizon to get it, but thats too far away. =/ Perhaps when the exodus happens, ATT's network will get unfucked.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #37 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

First Broken iPhone 4 Shows New Glass Isn't That Resistant

"....survived the first two shocks. On the third one, however, the display was completely shattered after a loud pop..."

surviving 2 drops is good & 3.5 feet is basically waist/table high for most ppl
Old 06-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #38 (permalink)

It's just been announced that basically every provider will be getting it in the UK. Which means better prices, right? Right?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
It's just been announced that basically every provider will be getting it in the UK. Which means better prices, right? Right?
All the major carriers have the iPhone here, still being rapped.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
All the major carriers have the iPhone here, still being rapped.
Someone is doing beats in your ear? Or did you mean raped?