Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Do you still support Israel's blockade of Gaza?
Yes 31 43.66%
No 40 56.34%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #91 (permalink)
SSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Marcos View Post
I'm sorry that you had to come across some people educated on the subject (I lived in Jordan for 2 years) that can speak intelligently on the subject. I know you want to sound smart as you proclaimed yourself a "student of history" & now you feel like a bitch and got caught, sorry about that.
I'm done arguing my point with you, simply because you refuse to see what I actually post. Neither the Israelis nor the Palestinians are blameless saints in the matter, yet Israel is the primary agressor.

That said, never mar someone's credentials before you are aware of them. I'm terribly sorry that you encountered someone more informed than you on the subject - it must be eating away at your fragile ego. I am, in fact, a student of history. I will soon complete a degree in history with a concentration on the Middle East - I was writing papers on this topic when you were still suckling your momma's teat. My studies have been interspersed with three years (and I was always taught three is more than two) of living in the Middle East. Hmm, it would appear I am much more informed and experienced than you after all. I'm afraid I don't "feel like a bitch" like you proclaimed. Please inform me of what that feels like since you now obviously know.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
It wasn't. There is a blockade, it was and continues to be enforced with no gratuitous violence. I'm sure you understand though Spooky, that it's not really about the blockade, it's about this:

Helen Thomas retired today.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #93 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjamis View Post
Helen Thomas retired today.
I'm sure it was her idea.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG View Post
I'm done arguing my point with you, simply because you refuse to see what I actually post. Neither the Israelis nor the Palestinians are blameless saints in the matter, yet Israel is the primary agressor.

That said, never mar someone's credentials before you are aware of them. I'm terribly sorry that you encountered someone more informed than you on the subject - it must be eating away at your fragile ego. I am, in fact, a student of history. I will soon complete a degree in history with a concentration on the Middle East - I was writing papers on this topic when you were still suckling your momma's teat. My studies have been interspersed with three years (and I was always taught three is more than two) of living in the Middle East. Hmm, it would appear I am much more informed and experienced than you after all. I'm afraid I don't "feel like a bitch" like you proclaimed. Please inform me of what that feels like since you now obviously know.
Okay, but didn't he live in Jordan, the state responsible for administering the West Bank between '48 and '67, and a border state to Israel? Wouldn't living there be more pertinent to the study of Israeli history than being in Iraq? I mean, the Middle East is a big place. Not all areas are equally valuable for the study of certain issues of regional history.

As to being more informed, that's irrelevant if you aren't constructing a strong or relevant argument.

The issue here is not the entire history of Israel, but rather a specific Israeli policy dating back to 2007.

And congrats on the Middle East focus. I'm six credits away from finishing my history degree with Mid-East emphasis.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:41 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG View Post
...I will soon complete a degree in history with a concentration on the Middle East - I was writing papers on this topic when you were still suckling your momma's teat. My studies have been interspersed with three years (and I was always taught three is more than two) of living in the Middle East...
Sorry, but I accepted your acquiesence back when all you had to say was 'fucking idiot'.

Oh, and your time on a sheltered military base doesn't count as living amongst them, even if you were there 1 year more than me. Try living within the culture you amercentric douchebag. I lived in Amman, in the city, with arabs above, below, left and right -- your barracks hardly counts as counter-culture.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:51 AM   #96 (permalink)

You'll get sand in your boxers if you keep up this desert pissing match
Old 06-08-2010, 03:25 AM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry, but I accepted your acquiesence back when all you had to say was 'fucking idiot'.

Oh, and your time on a sheltered military base doesn't count as living amongst them, even if you were there 1 year more than me. Try living within the culture you amercentric douchebag. I lived in Amman, in the city, with arabs above, below, left and right -- your barracks hardly counts as counter-culture.
Ever get to see Petra? That place is the shit.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:52 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNJ View Post
Ever get to see Petra? That place is the shit.
yeah, very cool -- only seen by white man in the last 100 years. Hiked up desert rivers (wadi's) and swam in the dead sea (of course, the other side from where Keith & Chemda swam in it).

The coolest part about Jordan is that area was all roman occupied at one point, so in the middle of this arab area, dotted amongst the mosques & minarets were roman amphitheaters and in some places huge roman columns line the streets. I'm not big on architecture, but its interesting to see two cultures collide in such an obvious way. The Jordanians were very big on preserving all that, too.

but now we're off-topic, , If nothing else maybe this showed that I'm not blindly an Israel supporter, and can certainly sympathize with (some) arab nations involved in this.

"Hahaha too easy" -- Trent said in the thread about the story about Trent
Old 06-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #99 (permalink)
SSG

Quote:

Actually, I did live with the culture, you ignorant shit. On a daily basis I spoke to Iraqis, Kuwaitis, Armenians, Pakistanis, Syrians, Afghanis, Turks, Kurdish (both civilian and military), in addition to representatives from nearly every NATO country. I did not stay in my barracks on a "sheltered" base. I was out in the red zone, everyday, interacting with the Iraqis (though normally from the end of a machine gun).
Old 06-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #100 (permalink)

Well, good to see more US based folks with a Middle East focus out there. Still no consensus, though. Guess I'm not surprised. All in all this thread has been an interesting read, sniping and all.