Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Do you still support Israel's blockade of Gaza?
Yes 31 43.66%
No 40 56.34%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Yeah, that's why I only posted the link. I'm alarmed by the narrative on the tv and internet news in this story (I don't dare even look at the newspapers), even the BBC seems biased these days.

I don't have a 'side' in this, other than it being a mess.
Definately a good read, analogy, etc.

The part that struck me as the most intriguing is that the writer says that Palestine is learning that it requires a subtler hand in swaying international opinion ..... thankfully, the film from the Israeli boats shows that the "aid-providers" just couldn't help themselves from using violence against the soldiers.

They wanted to provoke an action, and they got it -- thankfully their methods where caught on tape. And if they hadn't used violent force on the Israelis? It most likely would have been a very boring story about Israel boarding some aid ship in international waters & confiscating some knives. They can attempt to sensationalize it all they want, their own actions, caught on tape, will damn them.

And while I didn't walk into this with an opinion (having lived 2 years in Amman, Jordan as an American), those on the side of Israel seem to at least have rational arguments that are based on this particular circumstance, where the other side just states weird non-facts that show their bias existed before this event ever occured:

"Appalling."
"Israel is a terrorist state as far as I'm concerned."
"The ship was clearly there to deliver aid supplies." (emphasis added)

"Hahaha too easy" -- Trent said in the thread about the story about Trent
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #32 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Marcos View Post
They wanted to provoke an action, and they got it
Exactly!
Old 06-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #33 (permalink)

You guys are absolutely right, fuck 'em. Fuck all the children in Gaza living without shelter, food and medicine. Fuck human rights, after all the fucking Palestinian terrorists started it, they should have rolled over and let the Israeli's take their land, and then take more land, until they're all rounded up and have to sit there while more of their land is taken from them, but this time it's illegal. Also this time, they are dying because of no medicine and are starving because they have no food. All that shit is probably pulled straight from the terrorists asses anyway, fuck Amnesty International.

Regardless of the past and who should get what land. It pains me deeply to think of the injustice that the Palestinians are facing right now, and I cannot understand how some of you can just sit there and make up excuses for the Israelis.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #34 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I completely understand your point of view, and i dont like having to deal with pro-Israeli arguments.

But since this is a delicate issue, it has to be discussed without emotions to be understood fully. Everytime one deals with this type of situations, it's necessary to avoid black and white or taking straight sides even if it seems the obvious thing to do.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagHead View Post
You guys are absolutely right, fuck 'em. Fuck all the children in Gaza living without shelter, food and medicine. Fuck human rights...
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Kill all Americans for taking land from the proud tribes that inhabited North America (hey, there's one Canadians aren't exempt from!). Kill the Europeans for bringing small pox to the Mayans.

My family is from a place called Prussia. Know where that is?

Chemda's family is from Persia (yes, like the movie).

We can go on all day like this.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
You guys are absolutely right, fuck 'em. Fuck all the children in Gaza living without shelter, food and medicine.

The 'aid-providers' were told they could deliver the aid as long as it was searched first, and they couldn't just wander through a fucking blockade. They chose to ignore this and tried to get through anyway, brandishing bats and knives at anyone who tried to board their ship.

We're not talking about angels vs demons here.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #37 (permalink)

I'm telling you the Palestinians are living without the most basic of human rights.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #38 (permalink)

Pfffft, so are 2/3 of the world's population. Don't cry over it too much.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
You guys are absolutely right, fuck 'em. Fuck all the children in Gaza living without shelter, food and medicine. Fuck human rights, after all the fucking Palestinian terrorists started it, they should have rolled over and let the Israeli's take their land, and then take more land, until they're all rounded up and have to sit there while more of their land is taken from them, but this time it's illegal. Also this time, they are dying because of no medicine and are starving because they have no food. All that shit is probably pulled straight from the terrorists asses anyway, fuck Amnesty International.

Regardless of the past and who should get what land. It pains me deeply to think of the injustice that the Palestinians are facing right now, and I cannot understand how some of you can just sit there and make up excuses for the Israelis.
This situation, by defenders of both sides, is being acknowledged as having nothing to do with humanitarian aid.

Is it a shame people are hungry? sure.
Is it a shame people are dying due to lack of medicines? sure.
Is it a shame that agents of Hamas, UNDISPUTABLY, indoctrinate children into becoming suicide bombers? sure.

Just stop fooling yourself into thinking this 'event' was any type of humanitarian effort. Its about land, and millenium of indoctrinated hatred.

And its the subject of land where you move of the subject at hand & make your bias clear. You say "they should have rolled over and let the Israeli's take their land". Are you, personally now the judge of who owns what land? How's this for a NOT made up excuse:
You seem to be defending the right of Palestine to defend land that they live(d) on, that had established boundaries. Seems fair enough. So what, then, is wrong with Israel, coming back to Palestine, and taking back sizable portions of that land back? land that also had established boundaries? It was Israel's land to begin with you dumb dummy, or is there some magical (not to mention convenient) mark in the timeline where you get to decide that we shouldn't go back that far and acknowledge ownership?

Last edited by Saint Marcos; 06-01-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #40 (permalink)

If I was delivering aid, I'd be pretty fucking careful to not break the law, so it could be delivered safely.