Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hayroob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Detroitish
Posts: 1,025
KATG App 1.3 for iOS 4

In the very near future I will be ready to start showing my KATG app beta publicly, so I need beta testers.

I have a million people UUIDs, but I'm not sure who's still interested and last time a lot of people dropped off.

I need 10-15 people with devices running iOS 4 who are interested in testing now and will still be interested in helping with bug fix testing after the official release.

Even if you've sent me your UUID in the past assume I don't have it anymore and send it again and if I've got space I'll add you in.

Testers As Of Now:

Me - iPhone 4, 3Gs, 3G
Rellek - iPod Touch 2g
Prince Valiant - iPhone 4
Brenkin - 3GSucka
eD (aka Man With The Magic Coat) - iPhone 4
Grundle - iPhone 4
KayePants
Inikunen
Sean7341
Lanfear
Probably Other people I forget.

Build 1.3.0.1 Live Show and Events working well, preliminary work on Archive Shows started

http://getitdownonpaper.com/KATG/KAT...obileprovision
http://getitdownonpaper.com/KATG/KATG1.3.0.1/KATG.ipa

Build 1.3.0.2 Visual Tweaks, fixed badge number bug.

http://getitdownonpaper.com/KATG/KAT...obileprovision
http://getitdownonpaper.com/KATG/KATG1.3.0.2/KATG.ipa

Build 1.3.0.3 Archive now hows guests and show number and search works (albeit slowly for now)
For this build you NEED to delete the old app before installing this one or it will probably crash.

http://getitdownonpaper.com/KATG/KAT...obileprovision
http://getitdownonpaper.com/KATG/KATG1.3.0.3/KATG.ipa

Build 1.3.0.4 You can now play old shows (in the background too). It's a bit buggy, but I'm working on it.
For this build you NEED to delete the old app before installing this one or it will probably crash.

http://getitdownonpaper.com/KATG/KAT...obileprovision
http://getitdownonpaper.com/KATG/KATG1.3.0.4/KATG.ipa

Build 1.3.0.5 Faster initial load time for archives. New playback screen and better video support, the player button on the archives table view isn't wired up yet and there are still some bugs i'm working on.
For this build you NEED to delete the old app before installing this one or it will probably crash.

http://getitdownonpaper.com/KATG/KAT...obileprovision
http://getitdownonpaper.com/KATG/KATG1.3.0.5/KATG.ipa

Build 1.3.0.6 Minor fixes and changes.
If you're upgrading from 1.3.0.4 or earlier you need to delete the old app before installing this one or it will probably crash.

http://getitdownonpaper.com/KATG/KAT...obileprovision
http://getitdownonpaper.com/KATG/KATG1.3.0.6/KATG.ipa

Delete the old app off your device and out of iTunes (this is just in case stuff)
Drag both files onto the library section of the iTunes windows
Sync
Enjoy!
(Send me your notes)







__________________
If you like the KATG app feel free to kick in some bucks (or don't)
KATGIPHONE Donation

Last edited by hayroob; 08-17-2010 at 06:08 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Brenkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 138
I'm in.

How to find your UUID: Photo Speed Dial How to find your iPhone UUID
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Kloun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ft. Myers FL
Posts: 85
Are Jailbroken devices ok?

I'd love to be part of this, but I have a Jailbroken iPhone 3G. Its on version 4.0.1 (8A306) and I was wondering if that makes me ineligible for the app.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hayroob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Detroitish
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloun View Post
I'd love to be part of this, but I have a Jailbroken iPhone 3G. Its on version 4.0.1 (8A306) and I was wondering if that makes me ineligible for the app.
I'm pretty sure you can google a bit and install the files I post with no need to be in the beta.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
the_eD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, England
Posts: 481
First off, really noice work on the app so far. It's looking super slick.
Now on to a few things I've noticed so far.

Live Show:
When using the volume buttons on the side of the iPhone, it doesn't adjust the UI volume bar like it does in the iPod app.

Archive:
It loads the list of previous archived shows. Once you choose a show to listen too, it does forward into that shows section, but then It just stays as a green screen with nothing happening.

Twitter:
It doesn't load any tweets. It just stays as a green screen.

All tested over a WiFi connection.
__________________
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hayroob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Detroitish
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_eD View Post
First off, really noice work on the app so far. It's looking super slick.
Now on to a few things I've noticed so far.

Live Show:
When using the volume buttons on the side of the iPhone, it doesn't adjust the UI volume bar like it does in the iPod app.

Archive:
It loads the list of previous archived shows. Once you choose a show to listen too, it does forward into that shows section, but then It just stays as a green screen with nothing happening.

Twitter:
It doesn't load any tweets. It just stays as a green screen.

All tested over a WiFi connection.
Live show: I'll look into, it updates on my phone, so I'm not immediately sure what the problem is.

Archive and twitter are under construction.

EDIT:

If are you listening to the show or any other audio pressing the volume buttons will cause the slider to move, but if you're not then the volume buttons adjust the ringer not the system volume. Trying playing something with The iPod app and then adjust the volume in this app and the slider should move with the buttons.

Last edited by hayroob; 07-19-2010 at 10:41 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Brenkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayroob View Post
Live show: I'll look into, it updates on my phone, so I'm not immediately sure what the problem is.
Same on my 3GSucka, app volume and button volume controls seem independent.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Brenkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenkin View Post
Same on my 3GSucka, app volume and button volume controls seem independent.
It works fine when the stream is on. Non-issue! Background app streaming is awesome too. And the alert just came through, triple win.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Brenkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 138
Bugfind! Had the app open and streaming in the background when the alert came through for the live show. Not sure if I hit 'View' or 'Cancel' (or whatever the options are), but the "1" badge is still on the app logo despite closing/reopening the app and rebooting the iPhone.

Now that today's show is over the Live Show tab is showing the next show time and guest (yay, it's Myka!) like it should. And I just gotta say I love the Archive tab logo though I'm sure it looks a lot better on the iPhone 4 screen.

Also I think the feedback went through just fine.
__________________
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hayroob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Detroitish
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenkin View Post
Bugfind! Had the app open and streaming in the background when the alert came through for the live show. Not sure if I hit 'View' or 'Cancel' (or whatever the options are), but the "1" badge is still on the app logo despite closing/reopening the app and rebooting the iPhone.

Now that today's show is over the Live Show tab is showing the next show time and guest (yay, it's Myka!) like it should. And I just gotta say I love the Archive tab logo though I'm sure it looks a lot better on the iPhone 4 screen.

Also I think the feedback went through just fine.
Noted, and I'll have a new build to fix it before tomorrows show.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger